weekend wheeling 1/2/10 Sat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, he did thanks...He thinks that since his carb is located adjacent to his manifold, he got a little vapor lock which he initally thought was his trans acting up. He needs to install a plate between the two.

Once on the freeway and had some air moving across it, it settled down.
We followed him to the Circle K just in case. Once he made it there I continued on into Phoenix. I had to drop my brother off in Glendale before returning to Scottsdale so it ended up being a late night. I then woke up Sunday with a cold. :frown: Oh well, it was definitely worth it.

That was a pretty good climb, what 3000ft in a few miles? I was flogging it, so bound to make some heat!:hillbilly:

the cruiser indicated a bit hotter than normal on that climb but went right back when I switched the heater on :hillbilly:

:lol: funny you say that, all my rear spring bushings are shot :rolleyes:

Already?! Evidently you work yours way harder than I do..:lol:

Looks like you all had a great weekend, cool pics and great to see some of ya again.:cheers: Next time...

Already?! Evidently you work yours way harder than I do..:lol:

"already" :confused:

the shackle and spring bushings on the body side were last replaced 5 years ago

I went 6 times to Moab with it since :steer: and then wheeled some in AZ :steer: yeah, the truck is a wheeler :doh:

:lol: funny you say that, all my rear spring bushings are shot :rolleyes:

You were looking for something else to put on the Kurt list?:hillbilly: IIRC he carries the Marlin seals, I would get them for your rig.

This is a great trail, jumped to near the top of my favorite trail list.:cool: The first pic is the start, can see the highway cut in the background.
1-2-2010_1.jpg
1-2-2010_2.jpg
1-2-2010_3.jpg

I would rate it ~3-3.5 ish, not hugely challenging, but some pretty good climbs and plenty of pinstripe action.
1-2-2010_7.jpg
1-2-2010_8.jpg
1-2-2010_9.jpg

The way we came out was a long, graded road the goes through the pines in the Pinal Mountains. There is a shorter exit that is reported to be more challenging, it also doesn't cross the ranch (privately owned land).
1-2-2010_10.jpg
1-2-2010_11.jpg
1-2-2010_12.jpg

I notice there are alot of people in this club are handy with a camera as seen throughout the various threads.

Good stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom