Weathertech Side Window Deflectors - Any Experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently ordered a set of Weathertech wind deflectors and put them on the car yesterday when they arrived. Once installed, the back windows function normally, with the auto-window close (or whatever the actual term would be) working correctly. Both front windows however, close almost completely, and roll back down, as if the sensor thinks something in is the window. I've cleaned out the tracks, and the behavior is still the same.

Have any of you installed these and had (or not) a similar issue?

Yes it is typical of all in window channel Weathertech rain guards, one of the reasons I prefer Toyota original design

I recently ordered a set of Weathertech wind deflectors and put them on the car yesterday when they arrived. Once installed, the back windows function normally, with the auto-window close (or whatever the actual term would be) working correctly. Both front windows however, close almost completely, and roll back down, as if the sensor thinks something in is the window. I've cleaned out the tracks, and the behavior is still the same.

Have any of you installed these and had (or not) a similar issue?

Yes your just going to have to help the window out and push them closed leave the windows closed for a bit and they’ll settle, I had one fly off on the freeway, I guess it wasn’t seated right but weather tech sent me a replacement for free.

Just a note.. any of these that fit into the window channel do so where only the window fit before. Meaning they put extra strain on the window regulator.

What you are experiencing is the safety feature of the windows reversing themselves thinking a persons limb or otherwise is stuck in the window, because of the extra force now required to close it. This can be re-calibrated.. I think the process is to hold the window up button for a second or two past complete close and open. But the above still applies: it is putting extra torque and therefore wear & tear on the mechanism.

Like @99toylc that is why I prefer the original toyota parts that adhere to the outside, in addition to very thin metal brackets that fit around the weather stripping outside of the window channel.

Just a note.. any of these that fit into the window channel do so where only the window fit before. Meaning they put extra strain on the window regulator.

What you are experiencing is the safety feature of the windows reversing themselves thinking a persons limb or otherwise is stuck in the window, because of the extra force now required to close it. This can be re-calibrated.. I think the process is to hold the window up button for a second or two past complete close and open. But the above still applies: it is putting extra torque and therefore wear & tear on the mechanism.

Like @99toylc that is why I prefer the original toyota parts that adhere to the outside, in addition to very thin metal brackets that fit around the weather stripping outside of the window channel.
Any more info on how to recalibrate? Tried this but it doesn’t seem to work

Any more info on how to recalibrate? Tried this but it doesn’t seem to work

To be clear up and down are separate operations on each window.. but basically while it's up, press down and continue to hold it 5 seconds after it's fully down. Then do the same for fully up.

Did they all stop working out of the blue? or after a battery disconnect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom