Weathertech digifit front liners for 80 series are here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Andrew,

Could you email him back a correction with pics showing the correct location of the (indeed) factory retention hook? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it :)
My '97 LX didn't come w/them.

Amazon prime- two day free shipping and the same price or cheaper than other places.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

Amazon prime- two day free shipping and the same price or cheaper than other places.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

Where? What do you search for? I don't see them there yet.

96 80 doesn't have factory mat hooks

...via IH8MUD app

My 96 had them and so does my 97
image.jpg

96 80 doesn't have factory mat hooks

...via IH8MUD app

I wonder why some have it and some don't? I've looked and there's no evidence mine ever had them. Weird.

I wonder why some have it and some don't? I've looked and there's no evidence mine ever had them. Weird.

Probably because someone took them out over the years. I know my OEM mats have the hole(s) but no hooks in carpet. If the mats were a DIO, maybe the installer didn't put the anchor in? :meh:

That being said, I don't know if I like the WT that much better than the Husky's. They for sure will not hold the amount of liquid of any kind. The drivers side is collapsing towards my right ankle (away from the transmission tunnel) the same as the Husky's. And I'm not all that thrilled about boring another hole in the carpet to hold them. Why couldn't they just mold in the same nubs on the bottom that everyone else does? The Husky's stay put, though they do hurt like hell if you don't pay attention when handling them! :)

Also, the tan version shows a lot more 'black' from shoe stuff than the Husky's.

Just giving my .03

At this point there is no way I'd pay for a second row replacement of the Husky. That thing has saved my bacon on more than one occasion from leaks.

Also, the tan version shows a lot more 'black' from shoe stuff than the Husky's.

I actually like to see if I'm tracking stuff around underneath my shoes. I prefer the lighter color mats for this reason, so that I will notice if I have mud or whatever coming off my shoes.

It's common practice in many factories and work shops, for example, to paint their machinery in a slightly lighter color (even using white), so that any fluid leaks can be quickly discerned due to the contrast between the fluid and the light color paint.

I actually like to see if I'm tracking stuff around underneath my shoes. I prefer the lighter color mats for this reason, so that I will notice if I have mud or whatever coming off my shoes.

So you prefer your mats to look dirty all the time? :confused:

I got my chits yesterday they are actually more of a dark brown than the tan
Previously seen on some of the pictures taken here on this thread.
I angled the camera ph. The best i can to get the best true shade of brown in real life
HTH the confusion wether it is brown or tan.
20140831_102348.jpg
20140831_102331.jpg
20140831_102150.jpg
20140831_102324.jpg

Last edited:
So you prefer your mats to look dirty all the time? :confused:

I really don't care. My 80 is for getting dirty. I don't have to put on a suit and go to meetings in it. I've got other "nicer" cars for "nicer" duty.

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom