We need first aid training! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may be able to accomodate if you can wait a month or so. I start a new position in the office on Monday as Captain of EMS. I may even have access to some helpful props. BUT, it's gonna take a bit for me to get caught up on my new duties. I'm gonna be a 9-5er like some of you poor chaps now. :eek:
Not sure whether to say congratulations or give you condolences for joining the 9-5 schmuck club (or more like 8-6 club) like many of us that aren't old enough and financially secure enough to be retired. Wait, you're almost old enough to retire with a county pension, aren't you?

I'd be interested in training and/or a refresher course if I can fit it in my schedule. Its been a while since I've had such training and I'd be fine with it being informal. Good thing to do before entering spring season.

Not sure whether to say congratulations or give you condolences for joining the 9-5 schmuck club (or more like 8-6 club) like many of us that aren't old enough and financially secure enough to be retired. Wait, you're almost old enough to retire with a county pension, aren't you?

:p I can officially go in August. I plan to stay for my top 3, which will be starting now on office conversion.

ok, I'm up to speed at work and do have some great access to things like training tourniquets, cpr mannequins, etc. I can work up something for whoever wants to refresh or learn something new (hands only CPR, STOP the bleed, basic wound care/splinting). maybe we can do a meeting at someone's house and I'll bring toys to play with.

ok, I'm up to speed at work and do have some great access to things like training tourniquets, cpr mannequins, etc. I can work up something for whoever wants to refresh or learn something new (hands only CPR, STOP the bleed, basic wound care/splinting). maybe we can do a meeting at someone's house and I'll bring toys to play with.

That's be great and I can host up here in the cooler elevation. I'd love a refresher so that I won't feel like a complete dud if such event takes place out wheeling. Just yesterday while I was rock climbing, a young lady fell on the crash pad from 15' and tweaked her elbow. All I can remember was "Ice, Ice, Baby..."... Oh wait, is that a rap song?

lots has changed in my 25 year time in EMS. CPR is barely recognizable, tourniquetts are common, meds for emergency treatments are different. it's crazy.

now that I have the financial backing I will be buying an AED and a crash bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom