Water Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I have a weird one. I recently went camping and noticed when I started taking stuff out of the car that the entire passenger side of the car's carpet under the floor mats were wet. The floor mats were not, just the carpet underneath. Not sure exactly how water and that much got in, but not sure where it's from. Is this likely a hole under the car somewhere? I briefly looked and didn't see anything, but didn't have time to really search. Any common places I should be checking?

Thanks for any advice.

Heater core. Is your coolant level low?

Sunroof drains, windshield or heater core. My money is on sunroof drains or windshield .

I'll check all those things. It did seem like most water was in front passenger foot well.

I did just install a roof rack and the shop did put silicone to fill the holes of the factory rack. Can this have caused an issue?

the AC condensation drain line might be your culprit. I had that happen to me once, the pass. side carpet is soaked. The hose worked itself loose just under the foot well. I would check and make sure that is not disconnected, or else it will flood the carpet when AC is running.

the AC condensation drain line might be your culprit. I had that happen to me once, the pass. side carpet is soaked. The hose worked itself loose just under the foot well. I would check and make sure that is not disconnected, or else it will flood the carpet when AC is running.

Exactly what happened to mine last year. It was 105°F out and hadn't rained in a month. Passenger footwell carpet was soaked and I saw that the condenser hose was gone.

20170725_171145.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom