Wasn’t sure where to post this 2002 HiLux crew cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, a jobby buddy sent me a link to this. I have an FZJ80 and on IH8mud. I don’t post much. This one, however, is a HiLux diesel. I bought it. It was U.S. contract and probably came back from the sandbox. It’s armored and has lots of aftermarket done to it. I wish it could tell stories. What do you think?

Its a tech forum, you could have at least included engine details, year,model etc

Its a tech forum, you could have at least included engine details, year,model etc
Lol, I expected that. 2002 HiLux Crew Cab. It’s a 3.0 naturally aspirated. It’s a diesel so I picked the forum that said diesel. 24k km on the cluster. Marlin Crawler gear box. Antana jacks everywhere. Dual batteries and aux fuel tank. 10+15 Gal. The rear cab was a fighting position or an op position. There are no bullet holes in the vehicle.

Is it a 3L or 5L,5LE? All the info should be on the firewall. Looks like a LN167, Australian models are made in Thailand and are 5LE

How’d you get this sucker licensed in Kentucky? And is it armored? That open door shot, the panel looks odd. I would drive this all over.

Edit: Doh. Read it again. Armored. Sorry. 😂

So its a 2.8litre , 3L is the engine designation. I think P11 is the Tahara plant

Market
General
Year
08/2001
Make
TOYOTA
Model
HILUX
Frame
LN166

Vehicle characteristics
GRADE:DLX:DLX TYPE
DESTINATION:GEN:GENERAL COUNTRIES
DRIVER'S POSITION:LHD:LEFT-HAND DRIVE
CABIN:DCB:DOUBLE CAB
ENGINE:3L:2800CC DIESEL
FUEL SYSTEM:DSL:DIESEL
TRANSMISSION:MTM:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
BUILDING CONDITION:CBU:COMPLETELY BUILT UNIT

Search Results
VIN*Model codeFromToFrame Characteristics
JTFDE626..LN166L-PRMDS08/2001 -05/2005LN166DLXGENLHDDCB3LDSLMTMCBU

So its a 2.8litre , 3L is the engine designation. I think P11 is the Tahara plant

Market
General
Year
08/2001
Make
TOYOTA
Model
HILUX
Frame
LN166

Vehicle characteristics
GRADE:DLX:DLX TYPE
DESTINATION:GEN:GENERAL COUNTRIES
DRIVER'S POSITION:LHD:LEFT-HAND DRIVE
CABIN:DCB:DOUBLE CAB
ENGINE:3L:2800CC DIESEL
FUEL SYSTEM:DSL:DIESEL
TRANSMISSION:MTM:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
BUILDING CONDITION:CBU:COMPLETELY BUILT UNIT
Search Results

VIN*Model codeFromToFrameCharacteristics
JTFDE626..LN166L-PRMDS08/2001 -05/2005LN166DLXGENLHDDCB3LDSLMTMCBU

Tahara is no longer manufacturing Hiluxes. I believe these iterations were outsourced internally to Hino at the Hamura plant in Tokyo.

Its crying out for a snorkel and bullbar

Wow. I didn't know they made the 3L that late. Must be pretty slow with the armour. How heavy is it?

Wow. I didn't know they made the 3L that late. Must be pretty slow with the armour. How heavy is it?

Not sure how heavy it is. I need to go check that out. It’s not fast for sure. The Marlin Crawler, PO installed, is I’m sure it biggest impact on acceleration. I haven’t taken the door cards off to see but I think they are Kevlar only because they aren’t super heavy.

If I find a scale, I’ll post up the weight.
F6962150-6E8B-4ACB-9CC3-E67E2CB44407.jpeg

42B6CCBE-224F-4C49-9190-CC54C3608490.jpeg

Convert to a technical

Last edited:
I wonder what its weight is over a regular non armored Surf. You may know armored vehicles eat through brake pads.

I wonder the weight also. As soon as I find out I will post it up. I’m sure that small arms fire was more of a priority than brake pad wear when it was installed. It’s more trouble than it’s worth for me to remove it now. It’s really just the skeleton of the cab that’s plate(pillars. rear wall etc). Doors and roof are like Kevlar or something. Besides, I think it’s kind of cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom