warranties are cool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Covered by certified used beater warranty:
2 blown engines
fan clutch
candy caned driveshaft
... a bunch of other crap
... and now a new birfield and short side inner axle.

Me be so happy. :D

Will they let you pay to extend it another year?
-B-

Nah - runs out in a few weeks. :(

Time to break some more stuff before it's gone forever. Hmmm, wonder if they cover cracked frames? :eek: :D

Pretty scary that you've needed to use it :eek:.

They are cool. My replacement t-case should be in on Tue.
How long dose Toyota warranty parts installed by dealer?
kurt

So I talk to the mechanic who did the install of me new birf and inner axle. He couldn't find the C clip (left in center console) so he used a bolt and a washer to keep it from going in. :eek: :dunno:

Isn't the saying, why ask why? :dunno: ::)

Obviously I can put the c clip on tomorrow while having the Junk garage sale, but that bolt didn't f anything up for the 20 miles did it. :dunno:

Thanks and for good measure :flipoff2:

Would that be the outer one that holds the stub shaft at the drive flange?(under the dust cap?)

Junko,
If the birf was limited to going in flush with the outer edge of the drive flange you are probably ok for the limited number of miles traveled. I'm kinda surprised that you didn't take the guy's head off. :G especially since you are such a nice guy. :ugh: It was certainly a stupid thing to do. They should have downed it til they got a snapring(IMHO). I would make the service manager aware of the issue in case there is a problem down stream so that you can say "hey remember when the idiot that worked on my truck the last time put it togther wrong....."

&nbsp:Dan.

What Dan said...

The snapring would limit inward travel by about .5" more than a bolt w/ a big washer on it on the end. &nbsp:Definately get this one on the record with the manager for potential problems later on. Use a not so harmful mistake to your adavntage next time you cause some major damage that you need fixed. :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom