Warn Zeon 10 or Warn XP 9.5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys

Wanted to know if anyone had experience with both these winches and which would be more suitable for long term use. If I could I would have gone for a M8274 but won't fit inside the stock bumper of a Landcruiser 79.

I understand the the XP has a 6HP motor and is the fastest winch under full load. There is no information about the motor of the Warn Zeon series or Warn Zeon Platium series winch?

Also noted that the water sealing of the Warn Zeon is much better being IP68 rated which is not the case of the XP 9.5?

Regs
CL

The 9.5xp is a great winch, but is older. The ZEON as an IP68 waterproof rating. The 9.5xp has our extreme-duty sealing, but it's more like IP67.

A ZEON 10 Platinum is going to have 44 ft/sec. at 0 load and 5.6 ft/sec at 10,000 lbs.
A ZEON 10 will have 33 ft/sec. at 0 load and 4.8 ft/sec. at 10,000 lbs.
A 9.5xp will have 37.5 ft/sec. at 0 load and 6.2 ft/sec at 9,500 lbs.

The 9.5xp will be more compact and lighter in weight vs. the ZEON, however. (79 lbs. for a 9.5xp-s vs. 83 lbs. for a ZEON/ZEON Platinum 10-S)

- Andy

Andy

Thank you for your feedback.

Is there any difference in the quality of the motors? When comparing the XP and Zeon?

Regards
CL

Also

I would like to know in-order to mount either of these winches is it possible to mount them upside down. Which would enable to hawse fairlead to come out of the bumper at a higher point which matches the slots in the original bumper of my land cruiser 79

Below is the image of the vehicle with the Hawse fairlead shown in Red with normal mounting

Below is the image of the vehicle with the Hawse fairlead shown in Yellow with inverted mounting where the winch is upside down.

Im worried about the drainage of water as well as lubricating oil in the winch when inverted.

Regards
CL

The quality will be the same.

In terms of mounting upside down, you can mount it any way you choose so long as the winch rope comes off the bottom of the drum. (If you flip it 180 degrees, it'll be on the top, but the rope must follow that orientation for the brake to work correctly.)

Unfortunately, I can't really be of assistance with a custom mounting solution, however. Just make sure if you have something custom-fabbed that it's up to the task of pulling.

Andy

@Warn Industries

Andy, in your post # 2, are you sure those per second #’s are actually per minute?

Seems like the Zeon is the way to go for a lot of water , seems to have a better rating than the 9.5 , the 9.5 is going to be more dependable , I was tore both found a local of a brand new 9.5xp for 700 bucks but I still have to swap to the syn rope .

I like the XP model because access to the line and drum is superior to the Zeon series. I wouldnt be concerned about the water intrusion difference. Mount the control box remotely in the engine bay if thats a concern.

I just called Warn about the control pack up grade 99760 the new aluminum bracket that holds the new control pack on top you were suppose to remove the aluminum bars and install the new frame .
The new frame did not have threads in the ends of the frame . I talked to the warn tech and took him 10 mins to verify your suppose to force thread the new bolts into the new support ... I’m going to tap and tread mine and ad some loc tight .
Then was taking to him about Zeon 12 platinum , told him about few complaints , he did say warn is working on adding a port to plug into the wireless platinum only option to control that winch is the wireless .
I would hold off and see what changes if your interested in the wireless Zeon , changes could come .
7FF9AD83-252A-4698-8217-D96EB18A0573.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom