Warn switch plug pins? What are they called and where do you find them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Contact Warn. They've got great customer service and they'll get you what you need. You'll probably have to order the entire plug, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

http://www.warn.com/corporate/contactus.jsp

Contact Warn. They've got great customer service and they'll get you what you need. You'll probably have to order the entire plug, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

http://www.warn.com/corporate/contactus.jsphttp://www.warn.com/corporate/contactus.jsp

Thanks. :) Well I was thinking that someone already dealt with this and they might share their knowledge. Warn buys their parts from somewhere so there has to be another source. My three wire switch works fine so I don't want to spend money I don't have to. I did sent Warn an email and am waiting to hear back from them.

Where can I find new pins that go into the Warn switch plug. What is the proper nomenclature and size? I'm looking for the female side. Here is a link for a picture of what I'm looking for.

DSC_2061 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks,

Andrew

What is wrong with those pins? We may have the same problem. Mine is a warn 12000 and the cover looks similar. When i push the plug into the cover plug one of the female connectors gets pushed out. I haven't looked into replacement yet I can get it to work but its annoying. I've been just holding the problem connector when inserting the plug but I need to fix it.

I haven't tried yet but I think you can get them at an electronics store or maybe radio shack.

I'm kinda with you if you can just replace the connecters why buy the plug from warn. For me I will have to judge once I call them on a replacement plug. If they are to much I will try something else first.

Good luck, I will keep an eye on this thread to see what you end up doing.:popcorn:

I already went to an electronics store and they had similar pins but not the right size. I didn't think about Radio Shack :doh: I'll keep at it. I had emailed Warn but it was late Friday so I expect they won't get back to me until Monday.

I'm not having any problems with the pins. I just wanted to rewire the solenoid. I just rebuilt the winch and am placing the solenoid inside of the engine bay. Part of this project was finding 2ga copper wire. I drove to many auto parts stores and found 25' at AirGas welding. They had the connecters/terminals too. Now I have to figure out how to solder something that big. I have a torch, flux, and solder but what was funny was figuring out that I don't own large wire cutters. Projects... seems like I'm always doing a project and never off roading.

Well take care..

I already went to an electronics store and they had similar pins but not the right size. I didn't think about Radio Shack :doh: I'll keep at it. I had emailed Warn but it was late Friday so I expect they won't get back to me until Monday.

I'm not having any problems with the pins. I just wanted to rewire the solenoid. I just rebuilt the winch and am placing the solenoid inside of the engine bay. Part of this project was finding 2ga copper wire. I drove to many auto parts stores and found 25' at AirGas welding. They had the connecters/terminals too. Now I have to figure out how to solder something that big. I have a torch, flux, and solder but what was funny was figuring out that I don't own large wire cutters. Projects... seems like I'm always doing a project and never off roading.

Well take care..

No need or large wire cutters to cut the 2 ga copper wire use a Dremel with a cut-off wheel or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom