Warn M12000 convert to synthetic

So I've heard. Haven't had the need for them and hope I don't. Maybe someday I'll have to test them, but I'll try to keep it sunny side up.

kevinfoutch

SILVER Star
Resurrecting this thread - I have done business with Southeast Overland in the past, but seems they be out of business (shame!) - can anyone confirm? I searched, googled, etc. - I swear! Even their website domain is for sale, so I'm pretty certain I know the answer...

If that's the case, are there any other supporting vendors on MUD that you would recommend to equip me with the synthetic line I want to put onto my M12000 (replacing steel)? I'm also trying to get guidance on 3/8 vs 7/16 (1/2?!?) rope to use - so hopefully a shop that can provide that insight in addition to carrying inventory. (will be on my LC200 2011 with full armor, other heavy'ish things)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Website
www.durangomagazine.com
3/8” is plenty for a M12000, it’s not going to pull hard enough to justify larger. When my rope needs replacing, like soon, I’ll just order bulk AmSteel and splice my own line.

Website
www.george4wd.taskled.com
^ Agreed. 3/8" is plenty adequate for an m12000. Obviously you want to use real dyneema of known quality. I also agree that splicing your own from bulk line is the way to go. Plenty of info on the web on how to put an eye on dyneema - it is VERY easy to do. And it's worth knowing how to do in the unlikely case you need to do a field repair.

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom