Warn Clevis / D - Shackle Strength (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If anyone knows the breaking and working strength of the 3/4" Warn Shackle i would appreciate it. I'm thinking the working strength is in the area of 15-20k lbs.

I think the working strength is 15k-20k because warn includes these shackles in a kit where the tow strap in the kit is rated at 20k and i figure the working load of the shackle should be close to that of the strap.

I will most likely end up just buying some online that are actually rated. (shipping is killer though)

i'm dumb, its right on it WLL 4 3/4 so i'm assuming its approx 9k

You can get Made in the USA 3/4" D-ring shackles from Fastenal for around $17(the US ones are Orange, the blue and silver ones are Chinese). If you bargain with the sales guy they will often discount them further.

Last set of shackles I got was 4 for $30 from Fastenal ;)

Oh, and they're rated as well.

i'm dumb, its right on it WLL 4 3/4 so i'm assuming its approx 9k

Right, 9250lb.:cheers: I cant tell for sure but it looks like the Warn might be cast instead of forged and that might make a difference in the WLL rating. Also it doesn't say if the pin is hardened or not and that might lower the rating as well. :confused:

This might interest you.

RSHACKLE.jpg

http://fourtreks.com/receiver_shackle.html

The body is CNC machined from heat-treated 7075-T6 billet aluminum. This material is harder and has 30% more tensile strength than 1018 steel. This kit is then topped off with an 8 ton, American made, forged carbon steel shackle. This shackle also features a heat-treated and zinc plated hitch pin. These pins have an easy to grip, t-shaped handle and are secured with a hairpin. It is perfect for rapid hookup and release.

Last edited:
looks nice, kinda pricey for me

I get shackles from Tractor Supply back in the parts section for cheap. If you want the warn shackles they have those too look for the trailer hitches and hi-lift jacks, the warn shackles won't be far from that area. No need for shipping.

I get shackles from Tractor Supply back in the parts section for cheap. If you want the warn shackles they have those too look for the trailer hitches and hi-lift jacks, the warn shackles won't be far from that area. No need for shipping.

I couldn't find them at tractor supply co. (besides the ONE warn one). I cant even find them online.

e-rigging.com has a wide variety of shackles and rigging equipment. It is usually much cheaper to buy recovery gear from rigging equipment companies than 4WD shops. Check under your yellow pages under "rigging" and you'll find great sources for shackles, chains, poly rope, etc.

I couldn't find them at tractor supply co. (besides the ONE warn one). I cant even find them online.

The shackles I bought were not with the other recovery equipment. They were at the back of the store with some of the tractor parts. I'd ask a clerk. I was just walking around aimlessly when I found them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom