Wanting to paint my fj40, any color suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
KyWj3iZJdJFxpXfe8
I'm 16 and about to get my license. This was my dads fj40 and after we sandblast, we are going to repaint, unsure of what color to choose. Maybe a matte gray, light blue, or keep it yellow? BTW we have the toyota logos, they just aren't on it right now.

Great start! Love the old ARB!!! The yellow is not factory so you should feel no obligation there... If you like, try to find its original color. Look behind dash and you should see it. If you have unlimited choices, I would start with factory colors (although, I always liked 40s in silvery charcoal paint). My vote is Nebula Green!

Original color is the correct answer.
.....unless you don't like the original color, in which case it's the absolutely wrong answer. Find a color that will make you say "damn, that's a good looking rig" every time you see it. No sense driving something you can't stand to look at for the sake of originality.

IMG_0210.JPG
I've owned 621 Rusric Green and 854 Sky Blue:

I'm drawn to the Capri Blue, code T310, as pictured above, front.

Like original, they were all good colors!

The stock color is "correct " but honestly whatever color you want as for the bezel keep it that's the way your dad ran it tell the bezel police to pack sand

well, it has the windshield wiper motor down by the hood, so it's clearly later than the '70ish model pictured

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom