Wanted to Borrow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ccasteel

SILVER Star
Threads
Anybody have a 50mm / 2" knockout tool they would be willing to loan me. I may only need it this one time and I don't really want to buy one for that.

Anybody have a 50mm / 2" knockout tool they would be willing to loan me. I may only need it this one time and I don't really want to buy one for that.
Not a hole saw?

I'm trying to clean up a rectangular hole the PO put in my firewall. I have a hole saw for my drill as a last resort. But it will be hard to keep straight enough to get a clean hole.

how about a die grinder with a carbide bit? will take a steady hand, but with some patience you can make a nearly perfect hole.

For a 2" hole, i would use a jig saw to make the rough hole, then a die grinder with a cut off disk that is a little less than 2" in diameter and grind it out.

Die grinder might work. I don't think I can get a jig saw where I want it. If nobody has anything, I'll have to get creative, and see how steady my hand is with a grinder.

I'm trying to be precise so that I can get a particular firewall grommet to fit well. I'm also a little lazy and know that a knockout tool will make the hole in less than a minute.

You could weld the hole shut and then use the hole saw.
:rofl:
I actually thought about that because I'll end up with some gaps I need to fill in. But alas, I cannot weld. And I would need to grind and paint inside my glovebox. I was just going to screw a patch over the bottom. I'll try to get a picture to show you what I'm trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom