Wanted Wanted: HJ62 for U.S (Phoenix, AZ)..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for a relatively stock suspended HJ62 or FJ62 to convert to diesel. Running or not, need a straight body. If diesel, preferably one which has already gone through the proper and legal import process. I do not have the patience or the time to hunt down IRs or for going to Canada to actually bring it in.

I am new to the realm of Land Cruisers. I have been looking for 3-4 months. Actually started looking for IH Scouts, then looked at FJ60s. I like power windows and door locks, so that relatively soon had me looking into later model LCs.

I currently drive an '08 Dodge Mega Cab Diesel and love it, but having a 140" wheelbase and 240" length makes even mild trails tricky. Having my truck has grown my affinity for diesel, and that is why I am looking for a diesel LC.

If I can get one, I plan to upgrade to the 24-Valve turbo diesel/5spd auto drive-line from a later model.

Anyway, I have babbled on here enough, let me know if you or someone you know are selling what I am looking for, or if you have seen one recently.

Thanks a bunch,

Jake in Phoenix

In your search, eliminate the term "HJ62", because there is no such thing. If you want the turbo, it is an HJ61, or HJ60 for the naturally-aspirated predecessor.

I have a 6 cylinder diesel engine you may be interested in...it's got 450,000km on it. I also have a four cylinder diesel engine with only 252,000km. I honestly find the difference between a 4 cylinder run on a 5 speed and the 6 run on an auto negligible. That's just me though. In any event I can have your engine pulled for you out of a parts vehicle I have, and shipped to you asap.

I'm getting ready now to sell my rig. Click on the links in my signature line to get a sense of her. She is built, in killer shape, ready to roll and gets 25 mpg running B100 on 33's. Not too shabby.

The quick version:
88 FJ62 converted to Diesel with Toyota 3BT (Garrett Turbo installed)
OME Heavy suspension lift (full kit) + Procomp shocks
ARB Front bumper + winch
Soundproofing throughout
New sound system
Replaced carpet
Hood shock conversion
WagonGear storage system (all three panels)
New WagonGear weatherstripping on all doors + cargo
De-chromed + blacked out
Solid as a rock.

If you are interested, PM me. I am in Austin, TX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom