Wanted Wanted: HJ62 for U.S (Phoenix, AZ).....

Looking for a relatively stock suspended HJ62 or FJ62 to convert to diesel. Running or not, need a straight body. If diesel, preferably one which has already gone through the proper and legal import process. I do not have the patience or the time to hunt down IRs or for going to Canada to actually bring it in.

I am new to the realm of Land Cruisers. I have been looking for 3-4 months. Actually started looking for IH Scouts, then looked at FJ60s. I like power windows and door locks, so that relatively soon had me looking into later model LCs.

I currently drive an '08 Dodge Mega Cab Diesel and love it, but having a 140" wheelbase and 240" length makes even mild trails tricky. Having my truck has grown my affinity for diesel, and that is why I am looking for a diesel LC.

If I can get one, I plan to upgrade to the 24-Valve turbo diesel/5spd auto drive-line from a later model.

Anyway, I have babbled on here enough, let me know if you or someone you know are selling what I am looking for, or if you have seen one recently.

Thanks a bunch,

Jake in Phoenix

Visit site
In your search, eliminate the term "HJ62", because there is no such thing. If you want the turbo, it is an HJ61, or HJ60 for the naturally-aspirated predecessor.

Visit site
I have a 6 cylinder diesel engine you may be interested in...it's got 450,000km on it. I also have a four cylinder diesel engine with only 252,000km. I honestly find the difference between a 4 cylinder run on a 5 speed and the 6 run on an auto negligible. That's just me though. In any event I can have your engine pulled for you out of a parts vehicle I have, and shipped to you asap.

Visit site
I'm getting ready now to sell my rig. Click on the links in my signature line to get a sense of her. She is built, in killer shape, ready to roll and gets 25 mpg running B100 on 33's. Not too shabby.

The quick version:
88 FJ62 converted to Diesel with Toyota 3BT (Garrett Turbo installed)
OME Heavy suspension lift (full kit) + Procomp shocks
ARB Front bumper + winch
Soundproofing throughout
New sound system
Replaced carpet
Hood shock conversion
WagonGear storage system (all three panels)
New WagonGear weatherstripping on all doors + cargo
De-chromed + blacked out
Solid as a rock.

If you are interested, PM me. I am in Austin, TX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom