WANTED: Dual Color Dome/Map Light (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Outsane What color temp is the white LED? It's warmer than my 6000K Dome lights, I actually like it more.

Last edited:

Received mine and installed over the past weekend. Haven't driven the truck at night yet since but product works as advertised.

I did remove the supplied foam double sided adhesive (1cm thick) as it was not fitting into the OEM light housing. Just replaced that with simple double sided tape and everything fit perfect. Maybe model years saw a slight change in the housing as I could not see the purpose of the foam for my application (1997).

Awesome!

Most of the time the foam is removed, I left it for those installing on other vehicles. It's east to remove and see it's in the way.
Ready to pull the trigger on one of these to test in my 4runner now that ive found the adapter for the sockets, are these on preorder currently?

also any chance you could give some dimensions of the board? 1998 4runner slots are about 1.95 by 2in

edit: nvm found the dimensions

Last edited:
@Outsane

have you considered making a verse option for the dome lights so when you open the door it’s white light but have the option to switch to red?

Well if it goes to white first that will kill you night vision. So red first preserves it.

The constant dim light would be welcome as well. I've back burnered a project to do that around the truck interior. I run a red dome because the white was too bright in about 75% of my situations but when I need white, I have to run a flashlight. Pretty silly.
This is what you want, I have 2 from the UH-1 helicopter I flew in the late 70’s going in my FJ40 during restored.

1662765439275.jpeg

This is what you want, I have 2 from the UH-1 helicopter I flew in the late 70’s going in my FJ40 during restored.

View attachment 3110496
Nice, yes my dad used to run something similar in his Cessna. I had inatallrd one in my truck as a teen, loved that light.

Nice, yes my dad used to run something similar in his Cessna. I had inatallrd one in my truck as a teen, loved that light.
I see them on eBay, thinking of getting 2 more for the back jump seats.

@Outsane This is AWESOME!! I love that you also have dome lights in addition to the map lights. When are the map lights coming off backorder?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom