1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted Blower and Rear Heater

Discussion in 'FJ55 Classifieds Corner' started by k9crazy, Feb 23, 2007.

1. k9crazy

k9crazy K9CRZ SILVER Star

So I figured out why my fuses are blowing...the heater isn't. It seems both the front blower and rear heater are dead.

Anyone have these available? Thanks!

2. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Is the front blower dead at ALL speeds? Try the top speed and see if it works. All lower speeds use a resistor and those resistors do burn out.

3. k9crazy

Dead at all speeds...which seems to be "on" and "off". I haven't given up yet and plan to take the thing apart soon. But I figured this might be a part that might take a while to find, so I thought I would start fishing.

I figured it out because the fuse kept blowing and I couldn't find any other gremlins. The fuse is for the gauges and the heater. So I would change the fuse, turn on the truck, turn on the heater, nothing happens, fuse blows. It might just be the resistor I guess, but I don't know how to tell if that's true or not. The motor is not moving at all.

4. jm599

jm599

heather, I have had good luck taking the motors apart, cleaning the motor armature and brushes with very fine sandpaper and applying a little grease and oil here and there.
    The factory service manual can get a litttle confusing but I have even had luck with taking apart washer pump motors and such.

If you can't get them to work, we WILL find you some. there are lots of carcasses around.

Keep up the great work

5. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

First disconnect the lead to both motors and see if the fuse is OK then. At least you'll know if the motor has a direct short or not.

6. Livermore

Livermore

Use a jumper wire, direct from 12v, to the lead at the connector for the motors, and see if that get em going. Will have to ground circuit too. If they spin at 12v, then your problem lies elsewhere, probably the resistor.
    Also,your rig IS 34 years old and wire does wear,heat,chafe short out.
    I agree with disconnecting the leads to the motors, turn the key on, and see if you blow a fuse then.

Also,? does one heater turned on blow the fuse? Or does it take both at the same time?
    Did I make any sense at all? Abnormally don't.

7. k9crazy

Makes sense. I'll give that a shot.

Yea, that makes sense. The back heater has been dead since I got the truck, so I don't think it's that. When you turn on the front heater it pops. I'll work on disconnecting and fiddling with the power to see if I can figure it out. Thanks!!!

8. KliersLC

KliersLC

I have both if you need them, PM me if you are interested...

9. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Heather In a vehicle that old I would take it apart and rebuild it anyway.