Want get rid of center console cooler box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone know if this part can easily be swapped out with the simpler center console with bigger, better storage? I feel like there isn't much useful storage in the front seat as it is...but this cooler box seems like a huge waste.

If you check the TOYODIY site and look at the middle east G spec TLC you can actually get a console without a cooler. But watch out cause you will have to remove the metal A/C hose going to the console also.

Haha you'll appreciate when you come out our desert with 50°c heat. I learnt to stuff things in every little nook in the 200, still not happy with the lack of space but the cooler is a life saver here.

We use things called coolers and keep ice in them, because we carry more beer than would fit in the center console fridge.
Aha if if that's the case I'd opt for this instead. :cheers:

Water_tank_trailer.JPG

does anyone know if this part can easily be swapped out with the simpler center console with bigger, better storage? I feel like there isn't much useful storage in the front seat as it is...but this cooler box seems like a huge waste.

I have a solution for mine. If I am not using it to keep something cold I just put Shat in it and when I take stuff out its kind of cold, but it does not ruin my day.

I love mine, we keep a couple 2LTRs in them on road trips all the time, works great. For extra storage, I agree more storage is needed. I use a nice looking small soft sided bag, placed in the floor behind the console in front of second row. Still easily reached from the driver seat.
These are just example pics of similar bags we used for extra storage, pretty cheap and simple solution.
We keep CDs phone chargers and other typical junk that we alway kept in the consol.
Just passing a storage solution we found to work well for us. Maybe it will help.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I have a solution for mine. If I am not using it to keep something cold I just put Shat in it and when I take stuff out its kind of cold, but it does not ruin my day.

I have to admit, the cooler does keep my chap stick from melting in the summer heat. Although it does require a yoga type move to access the cooler while driving.

My (just-purchased) 2008 has the cool box, too. I'd be happy to get rid of it. But, I need a series of detailed instructions on how to remove it.

trucker, how are coming on this?

Bump on this. Has anyone actually removed the cool box? My LC has the cool box, but I would really prefer a large console box like I have in my 16 Tundra.
Before I bought my '13 (with cooler), I test drove an '11 LX with no cooler. It did have a basket with a handle that dropped into what normally would be the cooler. I found a tray that drops into the cooler...not as good as a hundy for storage, but better than stock. Go to eBay and search for "land cruiser console tray" and you'll see several possibilities. It also fits a number of what I'd call "personal security tools". :)

Before I bought my '13 (with cooler), I test drove an '11 LX with no cooler. It did have a basket with a handle that dropped into what normally would be the cooler. I found a tray that drops into the cooler...not as good as a hundy for storage, but better than stock. Go to eBay and search for "land cruiser console tray" and you'll see several possibilities. It also fits a number of what I'd call "personal security tools". :)
Good find - I'm going to check that out.
I thought I would really like the cooler box - but my wife has stuffed so much crap in there that it really isn't practical any more. Some kind of tray would at least help organization and removal of "stuff".

only had my 08 for about a month and that cool box is love/hate

couple times I've needed milk before picking up kids and heading home, keeps it chilly (but only a half gallon)
other than that I could definately do without it. I love the enormous console in the sequoia/tundra. My 1 year old could almost sit inside it.

I've thought about just making a small drop in tray out of kydex or something. Still leave enough room under it for a couple bottles of water and baby bottle, but generate some more storage.

perfect, just ordered one

Thanks Skeet!! just saved me a good 4 hours of my life I'm sure

love the enormous console in the sequoia/tundra. My 1 year old could almost sit inside it..

Come on now - its time to come clean.....you tried it, didn't you! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom