wallingford CT, spencer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you guys have a free weekend, you should consider heading up to western MA. I think Old Florida Rd. and Florida Mountain (in Florida, MA) are still open to registered rigs. I'm pretty sure you can still run Ma Bell and a few of the other trails around Westfield.

There's a pretty nasty private trail called The Veins in eastern CT. I would recommend going on the NEOW board and asking around about it. Someone should be organizing a run on it at some point soon. The owner grants access to groups.

Are there any trails anywhere near Boston? In high school I used to wheel under the power lines along route 3 between Plymouth and Marshfield.

Are there any trails anywhere near Boston? In high school I used to wheel under the power lines along route 3 between Plymouth and Marshfield.

No, there's nothing in eastern MA. You can get a OHV permit for a couple of the beaches down the Cape if you're into that, but you're limited on time by "piping plover nesting season." You can get in touch with Freedom Trail Riders who do have some private land access in the area. They're primarily Heeps but open to all makes, I think.

and now that everyone in CT is reading this thread - i'm looking for a 73-79 frame (i think those are the years) that won't need a lot of work.. just a blasting and painting..

just thought i would throw it out there.

Ant- would ya ever thunk there'd be one right next door? I'm in Durham and have a 75 I stripped down and went onto another project. Can't believe we've never met, what color is your 40? And that brown 40 ya see- Spence built it a few years ago. Where's the green one?

To everyone else, check out your local club, Yankee Toys, right here on mud. I set up a CT meet and greet about three weeks ago, and although it was a success, I think Spud is the only one postin in this thread that was there. Guess it's time for another!

I didn't know there was a m/g or I would have gone!I will definitely go to the next one:cheers:
P.s I'm right in middletown by the way

yea i just got mine actually from maine.. long long story.. anyways needless to say i wish i knew of this board before i bought it - but yea.. o well.

as for never meeting me - i live in rockfall and just graduated from coginchaug in '05 so (not sure your age) but it makes sense that we've never ran into each other

the green one is right off of jackson hill road i think in middlefield.. i'll have to find out exactly but its near indian springs golf course - there is another guy around here that has a 40 stripped down i'm pretty sure too - a guy who used to live down the street from me named steve knew of him

we should make a day of it and go searching through every barn in durham and middlefield... i'd bet we'd find a whole bunch more 40's just waiting to be found..

Ant- would ya ever thunk there'd be one right next door? I'm in Durham and have a 75 I stripped down and went onto another project. Can't believe we've never met, what color is your 40? And that brown 40 ya see- Spence built it a few years ago. Where's the green one?

To everyone else, check out your local club, Yankee Toys, right here on mud. I set up a CT meet and greet about three weeks ago, and although it was a success, I think Spud is the only one postin in this thread that was there. Guess it's time for another!

Brider- Fall Gathering is an event held annually in N.H. by Yankee Toys, www.yankeetoys.org . Check out the website. Also check out the Yankee Toys forum here on mud. https://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112 We're an all volunteer club so the website ain't brandey new, but there is usually action on the forum. Keep a lookout for future trailrides, and probably another meet and greet in the near future.

Ant- we should meet up sometime. I reside in Manchester, but work in Northford and all my cruisers and cruisercrap are shacked up in Durham. Not sure if ya read that wrong, I mean I have a 75 frame sittin in the pile-o-parts if yer lookin. Cleaned up and 1/2 primed.

Last edited:
How'd those Michelins work out? Heard you met up with LowTideRide.

Hilarious.

Brider- Fall Gathering is an event held annually in N.H. by Yankee Toys, www.yankeetoys.org . Check out the website. Also check out the Yankee Toys forum here on mud. https://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112 We're an all volunteer club so the website ain't brandey new, but there is usually action on the forum. Keep a lookout for future trailrides, and probably another meet and greet in the near future.

Ant- we should meet up sometime. I reside in Manchester, but work in Northford and all my cruisers and cruisercrap are shacked up in Durham. Not sure if ya read that wrong, I mean I have a 75 frame sittin in the pile-o-parts if yer lookin. Cleaned up and 1/2 primed.

I mean I have a 75 frame sittin in the pile-o-parts if yer lookin. Cleaned up and 1/2 primed.

Yea.

I read that wrong. That's great news if you're willing to part with it.

My first term at college is ending in about a week we should meet up then. I'll be out from 11 OCT to 23 OCT.

I'll PM you when it gets closer to then.

Wow, just stumbled across this thread.

First off, Spencer does good work at a fair price and he's in Meriden.

If you need parts or work done, give him a call.

Where were all you guys when we had the CT meet and greet a couple of weeks ago? We need to do it again.

Wheeling in CT is legal on any state forest road. While most are just dirt roads through the forest, some have not been maintained in years. These offer some fun. Paine Hill in Nipmuck State Forest is one.

There are also Class VI roads (town roads no longer maintained) that offer some fun. Both COALT and CTU have been looking for volunteers to catalog Class VI roads in CT. We ran some Class VI roads in NH for the Fall Gathering and had a blast.

Yankee Toys used to have runs at least once per month. Usually, they were posted on the Yahoo email forum.

Join our email list if don't get to MUD much (via yankeetoys.org) but if you are frequenter of MUD, you'll see way more traffic in our little web corner that Yotafrick linked to.

-Dave

I'm in North Haven I was going to the meet and greet in Middletown and then had to go out of town. I would like to see something again in CT.

ant- yeah the frame I could probably part with, although I'm sure I'll need it once I do, pm me when you're around....

Tarkus- looks like we have a lot of interest, see what I can do. I was thinking of a pot luck bbq or something, maybe I'll look into that again. I'll keep everyone posted.

78 FJ40 and 07 fj cruiser in Greenwich.
The 40 is in my Mom's garage in Bridgeport

I think there are only 3 of us in RI :( but it is good to see all the CT. cruiser heads pop up. anyone seen a 78' fj40 with a family cage on an ome lift? it was green I sold it to a kid in ct 6 years ago it had allumium diamond plate on the tub but really needed a new tub.
cruiser content I had Spence trim my rear quarter panels on my fj62 he did a awesome job. his welding skillz are great and he is very fair. and builds stuff right and sturdy.

Hey I remember him doing that! Wasn't their something about a gas tank filler neck and a wet rag so things wouldn't go BOOM:lol::lol:

Oh and i am in Cromwell and currrently Toyota Less...except for some FJ40 hubcaps:) ..though fox is trying to get me to buy a project it just an't gonna happen at this time:frown::frown:

there is a brownish cruiser that looks like it was just rebuilt for sale in Rockfall CT (my small ass town) it is a '78 and I only see it on this guys lawn on Sunday mornings... i havn't seen it posted for sale anywhere else and he wants 12k for it i think.

up the road from him is a green 40.. i think 75-77 range and i saw another greenish/rustish one in portland

Yeah that green one is mine, Im Jim from middlefield, its a 78. I bough it from spencer, hes a friend of mine. I highly recommend his work and business. Im actually buying a 60 from him this weekend.

Spencer's my boy! I've known him since we worked together at the 'Ridge. When I moved from CT to VT a couple years ago, he said he'd get me into cruisers. That winter, he came up and bought an FJ62 from someone in Burlington. A few months later, he drove it up and let me drive it back and I was hooked. Now its mine. In July, he put a lift kit and new tires on my rig and pimped it out. He's def. a down to earth guy and knows his stuff. Props buddy!

Pics of my 62 doing what it was born to do can be found towards the bottom of this page: http://www.shadyjay.com/about.html

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom