"VSC TRAC", "VSC OFF", and "Slip" indicators lights (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correct, that's why I asked :)

Not sure. I have none of that but can zpc so something else is going on for sure

OK. Thanks. I'll give the pin method a shot as well, and see where that goes. It's possible that does the calibration using some lower-level interface that doesn't require the ECU software to talk to each other.

Separately, I'll also try reactivating the suspension control ECU by restoring the TEMS fuse and see if that helps.

Success!

I re-enabled my suspension ECU by re-installing the TEMS fuse. Calibration proceeded without any troubles and the lights went away.

But if I remove the TEMS fuse the lights come back on.....so I'm leaving the TEMS fuse in. Unfortunately this means I get a flashing "OFF" light for the height control. This seems odd because I think most people remove the TEMS fuse after deleting the rear coils, and don't have those lights. I can live with the blinking OFF for now.

Based on what @DanKunz said earlier...I might try to do the OBD pin way to calibrate. It's possible that the pin method does a calibration assuming no suspension ECU.

Possible! I have an 03 from Guam so I may have some voodoo going in my favor but never had this issue

Or my 2005 has different ECU firmware. Now I wonder what everybody with 2005 and up models who upgraded their suspension did to keep VSC and ATRAC working. Time for another thread.

Or my 2005 has different ECU firmware. Now I wonder what everybody with 2005 and up models who upgraded their suspension did to keep VSC and ATRAC working. Time for another thread.

I disconnect/removed the control panel from the center console and pulled 2 or 3 fuses, 2006 model, no lights

I disconnect/removed the control panel from the center console and pulled 2 or 3 fuses, 2006 model, no lights

Did you refuse the TEMS fuse on the driver left side fuse panel in the cabin? If I remove that one I get the VSC lights.

Did you refuse the TEMS fuse on the driver left side fuse panel in the cabin? If I remove that one I get the VSC lights.

I read somewhere here or on another forum which fuses to pull and did that, I can look tomorrow and see if I can find which ones I pulled.

@Dharma Dude wondering if you had to plug in any of the systems to get it to turn the lights off. I have all 3 lower lights on as well as the ABS light. I am worried after reading Dan's comment regarding stretched ABS line that may be my issue. When I do the ZPC via jumping the 12/4 pins I can get them to go off and flash...OFF light has stayed off with TEMS fuse in, however when driving they all come back on and when stopped they go off again... Would love any insight or help if anyone has an idea as to what may be causing this. I have pulled the height control, disconnected rear compressor(need to go back in a remove, bone head me forgot), removed tank and pulled fuses and relay.

This is the method I was trying if it helps/makes a diff. What steps were you using Dharma Dude?

Yaw Rate and Acceleration Sensor Zero Point Calibration - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

@schradec
I put the TEMS fuse in and use the Techstream software to do the Zero Point Calibration. I haven't used the pins method yet but I do have to leave the TEMS fuse in. If I take it out the three lights comes back on. I never had the ABS light come on though.

You did the 12/4 pin calibration with the TEMS fuse out? Or In?

Fuse was in. The more and more I read, the more and more I am thinking I effed up the ABS lines/wires coming to the front. I was yanking it around pretty good so wouldn't surprise me at all...damn me.

Also now after trying a ZPC and disconnecting the battery to try and reset that way as well I have no more auto down or up on any window switches and the windows can only be controlled by the switch on their doors...

Also now after trying a ZPC and disconnecting the battery to try and reset that way as well I have no more auto down or up on any window switches and the windows can only be controlled by the switch on their doors...

After you disconnect and reconnect the battery, you have to reset all but the driver's window. Just open and close them from the door of the window and hold for 10 seconds or so.

How to reset windows to default on 2007 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Hi all, I've read this thread 2x and have a variation on this theme: CEL, and VSC OFF/TRAC and SLIP all on (4 lights). Stock suspension, stock wheel/tire size. I did replace the gas cap when the old one failed a year ago or so but will check it again. Going to run by the auto parts store to get a code readout asap and will re-post but if any comments in the meantime, appreciate it. I'll update with what I find out. thx

UPDATE: Scanner reads an error code P1441, which according to the world wide web means Secondary air injection (AIR) switching valve, valve stuck open, bank 1 - circuit malfunction.

Last edited:
I had the three lights come on and my DAC didn’t function on my 05 GX470 after doing both front and rear suspension replacement (Icon). The shop that did the install pulled the TEMS fuse (fuse #51 - Electronic modulated suspension). I had all three lights on, both VSC lights and the skid light (no check engine light). I did a manual ZPC using a paper clip. First few attempts with the TEMS fuse out the ZPC didn’t work - lights were still on. Only after re-inserting the TEMS fuse could I get the three lights to go off and reactivate the DAC feature. There was a big difference is what the dash lights did (types of lights and flashing pattern) while doing the ZPC manual reset with the fuse out and then in. With my 05 seems like that TEMS fuse is required.

But just like Dharma Dude my ride height status is lit up, and the ‘off’ indicator is blinking.

I had the three lights come on and my DAC didn’t function on my 05 GX470 after doing both front and rear suspension replacement (Icon). The shop that did the install pulled the TEMS fuse (fuse #51 - Electronic modulated suspension). I had all three lights on, both VSC lights and the skid light (no check engine light). I did a manual ZPC using a paper clip. First few attempts with the TEMS fuse out the ZPC didn’t work - lights were still on. Only after re-inserting the TEMS fuse could I get the three lights to go off and reactivate the DAC feature. There was a big difference is what the dash lights did (types of lights and flashing pattern) while doing the ZPC manual reset with the fuse out and then in. With my 05 seems like that TEMS fuse is required.

But just like Dharma Dude my ride height status is lit up, and the ‘off’ indicator is blinking.

I never did try doing a ZPC with the paper clip. Everything works and I just live with the flashing "off" light. I guess I could tear the dash apart and disconnect the bulb but it's not worth it to me.

I never did try doing a ZPC with the paper clip. Everything works and I just live with the flashing "off" light. I guess I could tear the dash apart and disconnect the bulb but it's not worth it to me.
I put the OME lift kit on a year ago and have had ABS, etc lights on ever since. I ordered Techstream and tried ZPC without and with the TEMS fuse with no luck. I also got the front end aligned immediately after the lift was installed. However, I had to replace the rack and pinion when replacing a power steering pump and my steering wheel is now slightly off center. Could this be why the ZPC didn't fix the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom