VLine VL2 CarPlay Android Auto install Lexus GX 470 2007-2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gromaudio

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
gromaudio.com
Hi all,

We have resent a video of the step-by-step installation of GROM VLine VL2 system for CarPlay and Android Auto into Lexus GX 470 2007-2009.

We show how to disassemble the dashboard, connect the interface and video cables, route the GPS antenna, and route the main module into the glove compartment. The VLine VL2 system for CarPlay and Android Auto for Lexus GX 470 2007-2009 is available here:

We are happy to answer any questions about the product or the installation process.

I have a Vline VL2 in a 2007 GX470. For the most part I like it and am grateful to be able to have CarPlay on my 2007's nav screen and the impressive ML sound system. It's a bit finicky getting started sometimes, but overall usually works. One thing that bothers me is when playing audio through Apple Carplay the audio skips when I'm driving through certain parts of town (maybe because of so many competing WiFi signals?). Occasionally it gets so bad the connection between the phone and the Vline drops entirely even if they're only 1 foot apart. This audio drop happens consistently in the same parts of town and not others. Is there any way to use just the Bluetooth or just the USB cable to communicate between the phone and Grom so that I don't experience any audio dropouts?

I have a Vline VL2 in a 2007 GX470. For the most part I like it and am grateful to be able to have CarPlay on my 2007's nav screen and the impressive ML sound system. It's a bit finicky getting started sometimes, but overall usually works. One thing that bothers me is when playing audio through Apple Carplay the audio skips when I'm driving through certain parts of town (maybe because of so many competing WiFi signals?). Occasionally it gets so bad the connection between the phone and the Vline drops entirely even if they're only 1 foot apart. This audio drop happens consistently in the same parts of town and not others. Is there any way to use just the Bluetooth or just the USB cable to communicate between the phone and Grom so that I don't experience any audio dropouts?
Hello,
Thank you for using the GROM VLine system! Unfortunately, this is the limitation of wireless connectivity. You can use the CarPlay via USB cable. For that you need to:
1. Once you exit the CarPlay back to VLine using the GROM icon on the CarPlay UI screen, tap to change the connection to Manual from Automatic. This way your wireless CarPlay will not kick-in without you needing it.
2. Use the genuine Apple iPhone to USB cable and connect to the USB1 port of the VLine VL2 system. This way you can have wired CarPlay. iPhone and VLine might send you the prompts for using CarPlay upon the connection. Make sure you check and allow everything.
For wired connectivity via USB ensure you are using the genuine iPhone to USB cable.

P1080301.JPG

We have a group buy for VLine VL2 CarPlay and Android Auto integration to the factory stereo, starting today! The group discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2. The group ordering period will end on July 20th, and the product will ship after August 3rd. If you would like to join the group order, send us DM with your email address. We will add you to the group order list.

Do you have any install videos for it in a 2004 GX470 with NAV?

Also,
we plan to launch a September group order for VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems to add CarPlay and Android Auto to the factory stereos of Lexus vehicles.

The group ordering period will start September 7th and last one week. The product will ship at the end of September.

The group order participants will receive a discount of $120 off the VLine VL2 system or $70 off the VLite VT2. Both systems support wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

If you'd like to participate in the upcoming group buy order, please message us your email and name, and we will add you to the list. You can also send your name and email address via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

Also,
we plan to launch a September group order for VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems to add CarPlay and Android Auto to the factory stereos of Lexus vehicles.

The group ordering period will start September 7th and last one week. The product will ship at the end of September.

The group order participants will receive a discount of $120 off the VLine VL2 system or $70 off the VLite VT2. Both systems support wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

If you'd like to participate in the upcoming group buy order, please message us your email and name, and we will add you to the list. You can also send your name and email address via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html
Any other group orders planned? Really interested in this product. Thank you!

Any other group orders planned? Really interested in this product. Thank you!
We have the next group buy order planned for early November. If you would like to join it, send us a private message with your name and email address. We will add you to the list.

is there a group buy coming up?

is there a group buy coming up?
Yes, we have the group buy starting on January 11th! If you would like to join the group order, send us a PM with your email address, and we will add you to the group. You can also contact us via web form at Support and Questions - https://gromaudio.com/support.html and request to join the group buy.

The group order discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off VLite VT2. Both systems offer wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom