Vintage Style LC Badges on 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi- has anyone put vintage style Land Cruiser badges on their 200? I know you can buy the one used on the Heritage Edition, but wondering if that's the only option.

Thanks!
Jay

I have the badges from my FJ-62 that was destroyed, but I don't see where I'd put them on my 200 HE.

A few have gone to a mesh grill with TOYOTA in it. The letters look like 60 series grill letters.

The HE badge - you can buy them - for an outrageous amount of cash.

Or you can pick up (eBay, etc.) a flat version of the badge that has mounting bolts on the back that would have to be ground off if using it in the HE position. A search should show examples of what folks did.

I used the one of the eBay badges to make a front license plate.

I used the one of the eBay badges to make a front license plate.

That looks clean...i might have to borrow that idea and just run the risk of the "no front plate" ticket here in CA.

I opted for the TRD Pro badges on mine where the HE ones would normally be placed just for s***s and giggles. Every now and then I get stopped in a parking lot asking if Toyota made a Pro LC200. My company sponsors a TRD Nascar in the CUP series so I have gotten to know the folks at TRD realy well...they loved seeing the LC200 this spring at the Fontana track. Funny part is that TRD has literally nothing to do with the production car side of Toyota though.

IMG_1800.PNG

That looks clean...i might have to borrow that idea and just run the risk of the "no front plate" ticket here in CA.

I opted for the TRD Pro badges on mine where the HE ones would normally be placed just for s***s and giggles. Every now and then I get stopped in a parking lot asking if Toyota made a Pro LC200. My company sponsors a TRD Nascar in the CUP series so I have gotten to know the folks at TRD realy well...they loved seeing the LC200 this spring at the Fontana track. Funny part is that TRD has literally nothing to do with the production car side of Toyota though.

View attachment 2436619
Like your truck! WhT lift and tires and size you runnin?

I'd love to see a picture of that on the truck! What's the approximate width of the badge itself?

Enjoy a whole thread on it..

Enjoy a whole thread on it..

Appreciated! However, I was actually more curious about the licence plate made with a 40 emblem that he referenced in the post.

I've seen either of these emblems being used on the opposite side from the V8 badge on the rear tailgate, and it looks pretty neat:

And of course this emblem (Heritage edition style), on the D pillars:

Would have to grind down the studs on the back of these, and then apply 3M double sided tape to install it.

Appreciated! However, I was actually more curious about the licence plate made with a 40 emblem that he referenced in the post.

You can use the source listed by @timjax. Or if he runs out of stock, go to ebay and look for it (69-74 FJ40 emblem). It's a Toyota product, so even a local dealer should be able to get it (might be more $$ though). Pic below is from an earlier post of what it looks like mounted.

Lbridges HE Small (1).jpg

You can use the source listed by @timjax. Or if he runs out of stock, go to ebay and look for it (69-74 FJ40 emblem). It's a Toyota product, so even a local dealer should be able to get it (might be more $$ though). Pic below is from an earlier post of what it looks like mounted.

View attachment 2437234

Wow - the narrow plate shape looks excellent. Well done!

Wow - the narrow plate shape looks excellent. Well done!

Thanks. I picked up a small piece of 1/4" thick HDPE (Starboard by brand name) at a local boat shop. Then I cut it to fit the plate area on the OEM bumper using wood tools. BTW, it's also a bit longer than a US state plate. My final dimensions are 4-1/2" X 14".

LC Badge.png

Does anyone know if this emblem is too wide to fit on the D Pillar where the Heritage Edition one goes? It looks to be about the same size as the HE one, but not sure.

Thanks!

View attachment 2438144

Does anyone know if this emblem is too wide to fit on the D Pillar where the Heritage Edition one goes? It looks to be about the same size as the HE one, but not sure.

Thanks!

I don't know about size, but I do know the D pillar HE emblem is slightly curved. And that curve would probably start between Land and Cruiser for that emblem. Might be tough to get it right. Not saying can't be done, just a friendly heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom