vin plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi there can anyone take a picture of there vin plates so i can see the location. i know one goes on the door pillar but which way does it face please. also where in the engine compartment does the other one go. and i am talking about a 1973 please. really need help

That's right, dangit - he's been waiting almost 90 minutes.

Doesn't it go right next the the battery terminals with the blue backlit digital display? :confused: It does on mine anyway.... :lol:

2/71
FJFrameVINTag4.jpg
FJVinPlate.jpg

hi again i see on sor.com site that they also mount on the firewall sometimes. what years would that be. can someone show me a picture of one mounted on the firewall so i can see where it goes thanks

Vin Plat on my 71

On my 71 it is on the driver side door piller. I'll attach a photo.
IMG_0556_edited-1.jpg

hi again i see on sor.com site that they also mount on the firewall sometimes. what years would that be. can someone show me a picture of one mounted on the firewall so i can see where it goes thanks

My '81 has VIN plate on Passenger side firewall above heater/vent fan.
Sorry, no close up pics at moment, but here is one from a distance.
VIN ID Plate.jpg

does anybody know if a 73 is on the fender or on the firewall or does it make a differance for the vin plate thanks. all i can get from sor is it says some years here some years there. but not what years

Mine is a june 74 fj40 , don't know if this helps.
land cruiser pic 006.jpg
land cruiser pic 007.jpg

frame only ...

my fj40-1/69 is supposedly from Austrailia. Shipped to the US and sold in Lake Tahoe to my rigs PO. There are no plates anywhere, no holes where plates could have been, nothing. All i got is the vin on the front right frame corner...

I still am looking for proof of the PO's assertian that this information is in fact truth. so I carry it about with me and wait for some day when someone tells me different.

so far, no one seems to know differently. hope yours is completely tagged and everything lines up perfectly.
Dsc03519a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom