Vin details (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hobbes

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all. I've got a FJ-40 and have been on a (too slow) search for a '97 80 series local (Virginia Beach). I have a neighbor who sells used cars and he is going to an auction this weekend, so I gave him my wish list. He said he can preview the list of vehicles to be sold by, among other things, the VIN. I told him the VIN will not tell if lockers are installed. He said he could call a dealership and have the VIN run, and the dealership would be able to tell him how the vehicle was shipped even if it isn't coded in the VIN. I thought the only way to tell was via the Options Code on the drivers door (K294). Does Toyota USA track this data (that would be the only way)? I did a search here and on SOR and failed to come up with anything. Sorry in advance for the repetitive question.

I'm looking at one (as I type this) that a dealer printed out for me when I was shopping for a FZJ80.

It's called a Vehicle Inquiry Report. It appears that the dealer used the last 8 digits in the VIN to get it.

It lists all the standard equip as well as the optional stuff. Also lists color code for interior and exterior. Also engine serial #. (all good things to know at an auction).

Good luck,
Ed

Cbizkit commented on this recently, so we'll move ya up the dump level and see if he pulls his head out of his wifes rear for long enough to read this. :eek: :flipoff2: :D

I can confirm this .... I narrowed down the vehicles I was interested in and emailed the VINs to my friend in Bankor Maine . He ran them at a dealership , and was able to fax me the original spec sheets for those particular vehicles . Those told the story on options , colour codes etc ...

A dealer can run the vin with Toyota and in the vast majority of cases can pull up original build configuration and original sale date records (TMS USA anyway). The records do not include vehicles sold outside the US and get sketchy past 10 years or so.

D-

Also, you can call Toyota's 800 Customer Sevice phone number to get the info.

They wouldn't fax or Email the info but will give the info verbally.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom