Video on why driveline angles matter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I suppose a lot of people knew this. I knew driveline angles matter in theory, because I've read it in a bunch of places. I didn't really know why, except that sometimes people say, "You'll get vibes." This video give a bit more why, and shows it in case you don't believe.

That is very educational. Now I understand why I have a vibration after I lifted my rig.

That is very educational. Now I understand why I have a vibration after I lifted my rig.
Even if flanges are coplanar you have an accelerating and decelerating mass that will vibrate.

Agreed. My rear flanges are perfectly parallel and I still have a vibe at 25 and 50 and a low hum/droning harmonic at 50. Front vibe is gone with the part time kit.

I suppose a lot of people knew this. I knew driveline angles matter in theory, because I've read it in a bunch of places. I didn't really know why, except that sometimes people say, "You'll get vibes." This video give a bit more why, and shows it in case you don't believe.

Kinda, maybe, it's easy to put it in a neat little box, but in the real world it often doesn't work that way. One of the problems is; the system is dynamic, changes with loads. Have seen plenty of examples where the theory said it would work and didn't or was wrong by theory and works fine. One example is the '80 front, broken back, most theory says nope, then was changed to out phase, really, really nope, but it works, sometimes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom