Viar compressor, tank, and flared hard lines to all 4 corners/tires. Line OD? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently did my own flared brake lines and since it was easy I was thinking of running hard lines from my viar tank to all 4 tires. The goal would be to air up all 4 tires at once with a pressure shutoff around 40 PSI. This would automate the air up time from 4 min a tire to 16 minutes and I don't have to move the air hose from tire to tire.

The Rigid flaring tool I have can do Ø3/16 up to Ø5/8. Does anyone have experience with compressed air lines and what size would be best? I can always match the plastic line that comes with the Viar setup.

Anyone automate their air up system?

I currently have the same setup. Dual valve stems, one locking chuck on long air hose.

Running hard lines would create 4 short hoses to carry in addition to normal long one to air others up.

Never head of running rear tires higher than front. I have heard of the chalk method to figure out air pressure for tires.

So you'll have a air coupler outside the truck by each tire? My first thought is you will add 4 spots for mud / silt / corrosion to ruin your day. I don't know, sounds to me like a solution in search of a problem. What about automating by getting your shotgun passenger to handle the airing up? :)

Not sure I can get the gf to air up. She usually takes the dogs for a walk while I air up. Corrosion? CA doesn't really have that problem.

I already run an air line from compressor under passenger seat to rear bumper next to gas tank. Running a line to rear tires would be simple.

Maybe I am asking the wrong question: What diameter hard line would people run for an on board air system?

Do you think those values still apply once you go to 35" tires? Worth considering more pressure in the rear though.

Do you think those values still apply once you go to 35" tires? Worth considering more pressure in the rear though.
Those particular #'s will change, yes, but the different front/rear psi premise remains the same.

Output,
Part of my problem is each tire take around 4min and 20 sec to fill back up using an older VIAR. Are you using the stock A/C compressor? I don't use my A/C as I bought the truck without it working so I could definitely convert the A/C compressor. I've seen a few writeups on it a long time ago (somewhere in south america). I forget why but it seemed that the A/C needs to be lubed properly etc.

Is there a succinct write up on here regarding the use of the stock A/C on a 62?

I searched those threads. The build looks too difficult for me to want to try. sigh.

The 62 setup is more difficult as the Ac compressor is the bottom passenger slot with the power steering pump on top passenger slot.

I'm not seeing prices on their page. Are they a lot more expensive than VIAR or? Not sure I want to email them just yet.

I hear you. It is a project.
I'd get an Oasis compressor if I wanted to keep my AC and was rich.

http://www.oasismfg.com/images/catalog2007.pdf

The Most Powerful DC Air Compressors in the World

Converting the AC compressor costs almost nothing. The Oasis beast costs over $1500.

View attachment 1449216 View attachment 1449217
I had one when they first came out at about 1/2 that price but still crazy , that thing put out some air but was hard on a battery. I sold it and went to a power tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom