Venturcraft Trailblazers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ours is OK with a 31" tire, but it did not work well with the 33's that it came to us with. Extended canvas was clearly necessary with those tires.

[SOAPBOX] I think anything bigger than a 31" tire on a trailer is just silly and if I could go narrower that a 10.50 in a 15" rim I would. I'm sure that there are some who disagree and I am unrepentant. It had the 33's on it to match it's former TR, and in nearly 50k miles on the combo, which included many trips to Baja and one to Mexico's Copper Cyn., there was never a need for the trailer tires to match those on the TR. Neither ever suffered a flat, much less many flats. [/SOAPBOX]
235/75-15 are my tire of choice

I may have mentioned this before, my truck has a pintle and I added a lunett e to the trailer tongup. My receiver hitch for my bumpers has adjustments up or down depending on the vehicle so I can adjust the tongue to be as leve as possible.

@sdnative , did the canvas company offer you fabric color choices?

@sdnative , did the canvas company offer you fabric color choices?

Not sure. I only asked if they can make replacement tents, and I sent web pictures of the standard blue and white canvas. That being said, if they are making a custom tent I have to imagine they could make it out of whatever color is available.

Not sure. I only asked if they can make replacement tents, and I sent web pictures of the standard blue and white canvas. That being said, if they are making a custom tent I have to imagine they could make it out of whatever color is available.
The original early tents were a spring/sage green. Later tents were the blue similar to the boating world. Mine before I re-did it Number 007
1629380822537.jpeg

I do like the green, or the tan that you have, better than the blue. If I have mine redone I would get a different color for sure.

@Saddletramp how is that pintle / lunette working out with the Venturcraft? I want to replace my ball hitch as I don't trust it off road. Pintle is relatively cheap and robust but I'm not sure I want to deal with the constant banging. Other option is the fully articulating hitch like max coupler but they are pricey.

@Saddletramp how is that pintle / lunette working out with the Venturcraft? I want to replace my ball hitch as I don't trust it off road. Pintle is relatively cheap and robust but I'm not sure I want to deal with the constant banging. Other option is the fully articulating hitch like max coupler but they are pricey.
It works very well, limits rotational travel so im less concerned about flopping or rolling the trailer. The increase in noise off road is negligible and on road non existent. I’m very happy with the improvement.

It works very well, limits rotational travel so im less concerned about flopping or rolling the trailer. The increase in noise off road is negligible and on road non existent. I’m very happy with the improvement.

Which one did you use? I think I will go that route but I need something with a drop as the hitch is quite a bit higher than the tongue.

Which one did you use? I think I will go that route but I need something with a drop as the hitch is quite a bit higher than the tongue.
I bought a receiver drop to put my OEM Toyota LandCruiser pintle on to. I found a Lunette on e-trailer and ground it slightly to fit inside the square tube. Seems to work pretty well and I can switch the receiver hitch from my 80 bumper to my 100 then adjust for height. I may have bought the drop hitch from e-trailer as well.

The key to a pintle hitch not making a lot of noise is to buy the right size lunette. Not all lunette's are made big enough. You'll know it's the right size if it fits the opening in the pintle with not much room to spare. See the attached MS-51336 pdf for the correct lunette dims.

Attachments

• MS-51336.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 66
Reviving this thread.

The TrailBlazer is getting a mild retrofit for a UT trip in March. SWMBO is going and I don't want to take the CTD/pop-top camper on this route, as it's just too big. Most obvious is that it got a soft travel cover as the hard cover is difficult to put on and take off. The marine canvas place did not make it quite as I requested, so we'll see if they idea works or not. Plan is to store it in the yard with the hard cover on it and travel with the hard cover still in the yard. Hope to have some pics then. We also plan to replace the mattress figuring that it is probably used past it's expiration date. AND I may just finally get around to making the support that I mentioned in post #83

If anyone is looking for one of these I have the 4x4 version that I’ll be selling shortly. PM me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom