Venturcraft Trailblazers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Velcro good for as fast as your Land Cruiser can go
Mine has Velcro and that's how the soft top attaches. No snaps or mechanical fasteners of any kind.

But that Velcro is still attached to the upper, hinged, part of the trailer - not the tub. I can open up the tub with the soft top on and there is no latch or catch of any kind. Are you saying the soft top attachment should be over the gap - on the tub side of the opening?

Mine has Velcro and that's how the soft top attaches. No snaps or mechanical fasteners of any kind.

But that Velcro is still attached to the upper, hinged, part of the trailer - not the tub. I can open up the tub with the soft top on and there is no latch or catch of any kind. Are you saying the soft top attachment should be over the gap - on the tub side of the opening?

I looked and you are correct. With that said just put a latch on.

Not sure that I have a good pic of them. They're ADA compliance handrails for a public restroom. They are extremely handy for removing the HT. If it weren't so awkward of a part I'd be fine with leaving it on all of the time, but my 5'0" wife has a hard time lifting it high enough and we're not getting any younger.
Thanks. Yeah I’m looking to assist the wife as much as possible. Last trip I discovered I could kick the trailer up in the air to make a single person top removal possible.

I think that if a soft cover is made to wrap under the over-hang of the tub that it will stay in place at any speed. I would have the front corners sewn solid and put HD zippers in the rear corners to allow R&R. Perhaps one of those 1/4 turn "buckles" used in marine canvas on the underside of each of the front corners for insurance.

@samtoddlee would you mind sharing the info for the place that made the soft tops for you all?

@ntsqd would you mind sharing a photo of the bar you have mounted to the side of your hard top?
Looks like it would be useful pulling the top off.
check with @Saddletramp for info on the place to get soft tops made.

I have Velcro all around the cover edge and on the flip up base plus a front and rear twist lock and have never once had an issue even going over 90mph. The cover with Velcro is solid and tight even when you roll the trailer it doesn’t come off.
1587509468486.jpeg

Hi all. I have picked up a trailblazer all the way here in New Zealand. I have a feeling its the only one in the country as very few people have ever seen one. I have just completed a rebuild of it and it is missing the metal base frame for the tent vestibule. If anyone had the time I would really appreciate some close up pictures and measurements so I can have something fabricated. Previous owner had a stainless steel top made for it which is pretty simple to slide on and off. Have included some before and after pics.
IMG_20200118_202920.jpg
IMG_20200322_125536.jpg
IMG_20200517_174707.jpg
IMG_20200517_174628.jpg
IMG_20200517_174754.jpg

@toolman1979 Nice cover! Looks like it would support some weight. Its currently raining here but Ill try to grab some measurements when it clears up and I have the top off. If it helps, the base frame deal straddles the black triangular pieces of metal. That might help with rough estimates in the meantime.

Took ours out a couple weeks ago. Actually forgot it was back there when I had to get a second run at a steep fire road while trying to explain to my son that we couldn't stay another night. Jack-knifed the trailer and gave the passenger side rear panel a lil love tap.

V1.jpg

v2.jpg

@toolman1979 Nice cover! Looks like it would support some weight. Its currently raining here but Ill try to grab some measurements when it clears up and I have the top off. If it helps, the base frame deal straddles the black triangular pieces of metal. That might help with rough estimates in the meantime.
That makes sense as would then support a soft cover. From what I can see it just looks like a rectangle frame using angle iron.

Maybe you can see the setup in these pictures. If you measure across your uprights you should get the inside dimensions . A couple of examples from our club
CEC99E53-4D1F-4576-9596-1E0A73803EC1.jpeg
80604F8D-4166-4C3C-805C-5A1CE17ACFC2.jpeg
87643EE5-60A4-4426-81B4-B75BB3D1AD5A.jpeg

Ours has some sort of rigid foam board inside the aluminum frame that is the same thickness as the height of the angle metal.

There's a part of me that wants to buy it just because.

Wow, that looks to have been super well kept.

Started the refurbishing of my trailer yesterday.
removed most hardware, trim and skid plate.
this one has a 1” body lift From the factory so the skid plate was tweaked from the factory using the standard hardware. Started sanding the peeling clear coat and paint off.

EF7D57B1-80C8-4CA8-811F-3AE098E27471.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh man that was a can of worms. Ended up removing the welded on 1” block lift from the factory. The skid plates were put on at 4:30 on a Friday front the factory cause the 1” blocks and and standard skid plate hardware didn’t mesh well. Skids were forced to fit and warped. Straightened them out, sanded down and bedlinered. Not a complete frame off restore but did take most of the trailer apart. Replaced the trims and painted most everything. Ended up going with Durabak smooth in Sand. Looks good from 10’. It’s an off-road trailer so I’m fine with it. I painted the wheels the same color as my old fj60, 4e8. Going to add some vinyl graphics once I figure out what I want to do.

21AAC579-EDDD-4DD9-975A-F65EE455A57F.jpeg

D0E6EF25-C41F-485F-AA5C-61F6753C1786.jpeg

D2907ABD-2145-4D40-A97D-111FCEF9793B.jpeg

A87C7BDC-30CA-4AA4-BDAC-50C9D9006127.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom