Vehicle storage for two months, any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I fly out of Bozeman October 7th and will be gone for work for 1 or 2 months. I already have a storage placed lined up near the airport that will let park my 80 there. It has fresh dual batt and will probably be fine. But still makes me nervous to just let her sit for two months. Any suggestions on places that store vehicles for that duration who you guys trust?

I don't really know exactly what I am looking for. I don't think it really needs to be stored indoors. I don't really think I need to pay someone to drive it around or anything. But it would be nice to have someone start it once or twice and let it run and warm up.

Its old but a well maintained daily driver. Probably be just fine for two months if I unhook the batt before I park it. On a side note, anywhere in Bozeman sell gas that won't go bad? Would that be ethanol free gas? I am probably over thinking this one but just brain storming.

Hi guys, I fly out of Bozeman October 7th and will be gone for work for 1 or 2 months. I already have a storage placed lined up near the airport that will let park my 80 there. It has fresh dual batt and will probably be fine. But still makes me nervous to just let her sit for two months. Any suggestions on places that store vehicles for that duration who you guys trust?

I don't really know exactly what I am looking for. I don't think it really needs to be stored indoors. I don't really think I need to pay someone to drive it around or anything. But it would be nice to have someone start it once or twice and let it run and warm up.

Its old but a well maintained daily driver. Probably be just fine for two months if I unhook the batt before I park it. On a side note, anywhere in Bozeman sell gas that won't go bad? Would that be ethanol free gas? I am probably over thinking this one but just brain storming.

Hey, like you said it'll be fine but won't hurt to take a few steps in making sure of that. Ethanol free fuel in a full gas tank would be nice to help keep condensation in the tank down as our temperatures are about to vary a bunch.

Disconnect the battery to keep everything good there.

Two months isn't too bad and everything should be fine. Do you know anyone nearby who could go start it after a few weeks and drive it around? Probably not necessary unless it helps you sleep better.

Drop it off with me, I'll keep the oil circulating and battery charged!

Might need some new tires when you get back.

I wouldn't worry too much about it for 2 months. We pulled the battery out of a stranded 80 series that got caught in the hight country of Colorado and spent the winter/spring and most of the summer up there before the thaw and we were able to bring it down. We added fuel stabilizer and pulled the battery and duct taped the door seams... fired right up the next summer with a fresh battery albiet a bit weathered.

I seriously wouln't worry about the rig other than the cats underneath being swiped.

The town and pump on 19th near Baxter on the west side has ethenol free gas. I'd add a bottle of HEET and fill her up.

If you want to leave it at my house, I'd drive it around for you every few weeks! :D Could put my wife over the edge on buying an 80!

Thanks guys. It sounds like I will just store it at the storage unit place. It's not to bad, $45 a month which my work should reimburse. Cheaper than airport parking for a week.

I have never put fuel stabalizer/HEET/stabul in it before. I hate to make a change to my normal rutine right when I park it. Then if it runs badly I will be contemplating fuel.

If I disconnect battery's any ideas if it would be OK to just disconnect the Neg leads?

Thanks guys. It sounds like I will just store it at the storage unit place. It's not to bad, $45 a month which my work should reimburse. Cheaper than airport parking for a week.

I have never put fuel stabalizer/HEET/stabul in it before. I hate to make a change to my normal rutine right when I park it. Then if it runs badly I will be contemplating fuel.

If I disconnect battery's any ideas if it would be OK to just disconnect the Neg leads?
If the negative is disconnected and isolated that is fine .

The stabilizer wont hurt, I use ethanol shield. It will just help keep condensation down and any left over ethanol from sucking in moisture

All that with ethanol free fuel and you'll be good to go . Fingers crossed for no mice who need a new home

Yeah man, you're good to go. Cruisers are made for 3rd world conditions. Indoors in Bozo will be easy peasy.

I wouldn't worry too much about it for 2 months. We pulled the battery out of a stranded 80 series that got caught in the hight country of Colorado and spent the winter/spring and most of the summer up there before the thaw and we were able to bring it down. We added fuel stabilizer and pulled the battery and duct taped the door seams... fired right up the next summer with a fresh battery albiet a bit weathered.

I seriously wouln't worry about the rig other than the cats underneath being swiped.

The town and pump on 19th near Baxter on the west side has ethenol free gas. I'd add a bottle of HEET and fill her up.

If you want to leave it at my house, I'd drive it around for you every few weeks! :D Could put my wife over the edge on buying an 80!
If you are at the airport the conoco on Jefferson and Jackrabbit also has an ethanol free pump if you don't want to head into Bozeman.

I always tell my wife that I'm not trying to tick you off. I'm just creating another adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom