valves and headers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this guy asked me what my next mod is gonna be after the soa, and i said headers.....and he said that they were bad for my valves and i asked why and i dint get a real answer, so my question is, is headrs bad for your engine in an way? sorry if this was asked before -al

headers are good, cant think of anything bad bout headers xcept heat and maybe fitment problems. and smog unless theres some smog legal headers. its posible to get headers that make you lose power but the guys here should know the good ones

I would have to agree with Cruiserka. The only issues with headers I can think of would be raising the temp of the engine compartment some and valve problems if there are vacuum leaks. Temp is usually not a biggie with landcruisers since the engine compartment is relatively uncrowded. Maybe if you are working it hard in high summer temps. Maybe you want ceramic headers, then. Some headers are notorious for leaking around the edges, in which case there is definitely a chance to burn valves near the leak. So one wants to be certain to either avoid the bad boys or double gasket them and torque the manifold bolts regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom