VAIS SL3B-T Bluetooth Adapter in 2001? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I recently bought a used VAIS SL3b-T through the classifieds for my 2001 LC. In looking over the installation manual last night I see it says it works on 2001 and up Lexus, and 2003 and up Land Cruisers. My 2001 has the dreaded nav option, so I'm wondering if it might actually work...has anyone run this setup, or know if the head unit in the Nav option 2001 LC is really different than the Lexus?

Any resident experts in Toyota/Lexus head units? Just wondering if the 2001 Land Cruiser with the optional nav was the same head unit as the LX for that year

Don't know, but some clues:

They have different part numbers:

2001 LX470 86111-60031
2001 LC 86111-60041

I happen to have a TIS subscription going right now but I've poked around a but on your year and it is not clear how to be certain.

The wiring diagrams are different, however, and it looks like the harnesses are different if I am reading the diagrams correctly.

Attachments

• LC with Navigation System-01-Harness.pdf
    99.4 KB · Views: 144
  • LX-01-Harness.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 70
Don't know, but some clues:

They have different part numbers:

2001 LX470 86111-60031
2001 LC 86111-60041

I happen to have a TIS subscription going right now but I've poked around a but on your year and it is not clear how to be certain.

The wiring diagrams are different, however, and it looks like the harnesses are different if I am reading the diagrams correctly.

Wow, this is super helpful, thank you! Exactly what I needed and couldn't find. Based on the schematic you shared for the toyota pin outs I think it will actually work. Here's the connector they're showing for the 2001
Toyota
Screenshot_20190518-172528_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

And here's what the VAIS directions show for the Lexus
Screenshot_20190517-123404_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That 20 pin connector that I'm supposed to use sure looks the same to me. I'll go ahead and take the dash apart and see...worst case it doesn't work and I just button it back up, but it looks to me like it's worth a shot. Thanks again!

Might want to call them Monday - they’re very helpful.

I think it’s possible to do some damage if the harness is wired differently.

@EricUT Did it work? You might be my only hope on this...!

@EricUT Did it work? You might be my only hope on this...!
Unfortunately I won't be of any help, I never did use it and just went ahead and did the full navigation delete so I could run a modern head unit.

how crazy was the delete...honestly?

Hi, I’m so sorry I never wrote you back. I never log into the site anymore and didn’t realize you’d written! Probably way past the point of needing to know, but I didn’t find the nav delete that terrible, just took a really long time. The wiring details people have shared are pretty easy to follow, just need a million of those little automatic solder connectors, a heat gun, quality wire stripper and tons of time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom