Uwharrie Opens Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody gonna be there?
I'm going to Charlotte tonight to be at URE for opening 8Am or shortly after.
Alky747 will and MTBCoach might be for the afternoon.
Concrete Jungle and JFZ80 might come.
Anybody else? I hate to have all the fun all by myself.
I'll come back to the Outpost at 12:30 to try to catch Alky and his heepbuddy.
bw

big maybe but probably not to wheel. I like to say hello to everyone and meet alky for some parts; but i got a potential buyer from out of town coming to look at the tacoma i already made plans to meet. you shuold have plenty of company being opening day and hopefully the harlan ride took away some of the masses. enjoy.

ill keep you # incase he backs out

I'm really jones'n to be there but have a Sunday morning commitment I can't get out of. Hopefully, I can finish it up early and drive out for some afternoon of fun. I'll monitor channel 4 in the event I get out there to find everyone.

I can start coming next month...this is my last weekend that I have to work....

Good luck on the sale J

I can't make it. Have the boys and would be waaay too much travel since I leave for Cali on Tues. morning.

I'm hoping to come out and meet Alky and possibly others at 1 at the Outpost for any latecomers.
Question: I just bought a pair of radios and they mention GSM and FRS channels being different. Which one do we use for channel 4.

Going down to put on the Swampers, getting excited.
b

okay so im swappin tire at 7 am..... gonna try and make it

logan---bring those springs with ya, maybe we can even swap in b4 the trails

Last edited:
Hope you guys had fun......better have had the camera working some OT.

oh yeah where is our video from DEC> ?

j/k i had a camera but was in front again..... hold please

Recap

Good day, not as crowded as expected. M'lady decided to come up this morning, met me in Charlotte and we rode up. JFZ80 got there shortly after us, about 10:30 after a flat on the way. We did half of Dickey Bell, got loosened up.
Alka747 got there before 1, we hit Daniel and Kodak and a little of (I think it was) Sawmill and left when the rain got there about 4:30.
Alka had put on some HUGE tires which got wedged between a rock and hard place on Kodak with his hitch jammed up behind him and had to be winched slightly, otherwise everything went well.
Bonnie Butch is really starting to romp. I went up that shelf on Daniel that I dragged on so horribly in Dec hardly touching. Also went up Kodak the hard way (but not over ?mark) pretty handily as well. When I get my Buds under her and maybe the TRAC back I think I'll tackle Xmark and ?mark on Kodak. If I had automatic I'm pretty sure I could do it, more of a challenge with the 6spd but one day I'll try.
But for today thanks loads Alka and JFZ for coming along to babysit me and keep me and Bonnie out of trouble.

Did I mention my Demello came Thursday and a friend is coming to help me install it and my Warn M8 next Friday? Whoopee! Won't be so shy about going out on my own now. And my lady had a good time and wants to do more.
Life is good.

I love my FJ and UC.
b

Here are a few. the camera crapped out AGAIN. DO NOT EVER BUY WAWADIGITAL.COM. so i only got the last little bit. As hard as wild bill is to catch on camera i did manage to have a few on to be lost:mad: and lost another of alkys passenger saving the roll at the entrance to daniel w/ his hand on the guardrail;) (which i thought should be another 18'' out) anyhow enjoy and ill load all i got on photobucket here in a bit.
1)favorite rig on the trail
2)rocky mtn loop (kodak rock) for those that havent been
3)alky pukes a spring in the notch
ureopeningday 001 (Small).jpg
ureopeningday 003 (Small).jpg
ureopeningday 011 (Small).jpg

screw it cpu is being uberslow and all i really got are shots of logan and some nut tryin to blow up his sami. It was a strong showing for yotas all around on opening day w/ lots of built 80-85 p/u and 4rnrs, some toy drivetrained samis and our roudy bunch plus a bunch of nice tacos both sas and ifs. Bill is was great meeting Jerry (gerrie?) and im glad she asked to borrow the camera again b/c i lost all the photos from the BP ( f'n raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!) anyhow shoot me your e=addy and i'll send a couple paddington shots that did survive. cya guys
ureopeningday 014 (Small).jpg
ureopeningday 019 (Small).jpg

Every pic I see of Logan he is full lock...those birfs ain't gonna last forever! :)

I knew I recognized the guy in the Sammi......that's the infamous blazer yahoo from the Big Daddy off road event last year.....

attachment.php

you can tell from his grip on the truck and the cig hanging out.....:D

Looks like it was a good day. Jason, I have the N vs S on DVD.....it's very raw and could use some good editing, but if you want a copy, I'll see what I can do.

eric -- i was givin you a hard time, i would like to see it sometime though

that guy just dont give a d*mn. he backed off the face of kodak not looking behind him and didnt even break his conversation w/ one of his buddies about "last time" . a true nut worthy of stealing alkys award for most entertaining summit of kodak. i used to pass that tubed chevy every day working up in Oak Ridge, they got a whole yard full of trucks and parts

Jason, glad to see you got home safe...you left the uber map at the house, I was afraid you'd get lost on that rough trek home.

eric -- i was givin you a hard time, i would like to see it sometime though

that guy just dont give a d*mn. he backed off the face of kodak not looking behind him and didnt even break his conversation w/ one of his buddies about "last time" . a true nut worthy of stealing alkys award for most entertaining summit of kodak. i used to pass that tubed chevy every day working up in Oak Ridge, they got a whole yard full of trucks and parts

yeah he's about the worst driver I've ever seen. Sad thing was he knows what he is doing....just either doesn't care and figures...ahhh hell I'll just weld it back later. He is definitely entertaining to say the least....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom