USED but new warn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got this at an auction for $45.00. Had the wife go get it and she hated me cuz it weighs so much and she another gal to help her load it. GRRRR. Anyhow I got home from work and unloaded it with a friend of mine and it is in really good shape! Couldn't tell from the auction pics. More to follow as I haven't had a chance to even look at it yet!
winch.jpg
winch2.jpg

winch3.jpg

It is a mighty 8274. Possibly the best electric winch ever. You absolutely stole it for $45; just the parts are worth way more than that. Warn still sells these new, for $1,800 (last time I looked).

That can easily be made to work. You need to know if the motor works but even if not, it's still a great deal since numerous Warn motors will work on it.

I'm guessing for $500-$700 or so, you can put a new motor, new brake and new solenoid pack. And you'll have an $1800 winch. Anyway, for $45 you did very well. I paid $350 for one and thought I did great! If the motor works, you can just rebuild the rest for small $.

Lots of rebuild videos on this winch. The fluted cover indicates it is indeed a Warn 8274 that they still support with parts. you could rebuild it and easily sell it for $600. I have one of these and it is indeed an amazing winch.

In your search for parts, I HIGHLY recommend Montana Jack's. They are a warn authorized dealer/repair facility and have helped me tremendously with my 4 winches.

Montana Jack’s Outpost

401 4th St. S.

Great Falls, MT 59405

406-952-4888

www.montanajacks.com

So I did get it going and cleaned it up, had to put a new remote plug on it. Did straighten out the cable that was a mess! But after doing the cable the winch only goes out with the control and not in. Any ideas? And plz everybody be safe in this crazy A$$ stuff we got going on int his world right now!

Winching in one direction is a sure sign of a solenoid pack problem. Check all your wiring and bus bar connections for good contact. If that doesn't fix it, check each solenoid. You have to remove it from the pack to do that. There are videos on YouTube on how to check those old school solenoids. See if you can switch to a known good remote controller. I had one go bad once. You can also jumper the wires in the controller plug on the winch. There are videos on how to do that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom