upgraded sway bar bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if there is an upgradable sway bar bushing available for the 100 series? Sort of like those polyurethane bushings. My LX rolls like a boat when taking corners, so I assume the bushings are shot. TIA

If you have 200,000+ miles most likely your AHC shock are shot. They are very expensive and actually should be able to be rebuild.
I have polyurethane bushing on mine but it did not make any difference.

the rebound control still works well actually, so I think the shocks are probably still OK.

Chuckiechz: Don't post in the 80 section. They'll hate hearing the V8's are going strong at 200K+. :D Many feel the 6 was a better and more reliable motor. Not me. :) The 6 sucks.

TRD Japan make a nice set of sway bars for the LC100. I have them on my LX and the massive roll is gone. ;) You will have to import these sways and will cost 400+ and a long wait for the boat. May not be what your looking to spend at 200k miles but it works.

Try any number of the online TRD dealers for prices and avail.

folks,
my sway bar is coming in next week. bought it from hongkong for $480 waydo trd and comes with stabilizer bushing. i would assume that it will be more stable in cornering compare to the original swaybar :D

check this link:http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_stabilizer.html

Toylexmods said:
TRD Japan make a nice set of sway bars for the LC100. I have them on my LX and the massive roll is gone. ;) You will have to import these sways and will cost 400+ and a long wait for the boat. May not be what your looking to spend at 200k miles but it works.

Try any number of the online TRD dealers for prices and avail.

So are these sway bars larger OD than the stock sway bars? And if they are, effectively they should reduce suspension roll...which would also reduce off-road performance?

spressomon said:
So are these sway bars larger OD than the stock sway bars? And if they are, effectively they should reduce suspension roll...which would also reduce off-road performance?

Bingo!

Start working on some disconnects in your spare time:D

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Chuckiechz: Don't post in the 80 section. They'll hate hearing the V8's are going strong at 200K+. :D Many feel the 6 was a better and more reliable motor. Not me. :) The 6 sucks.

I love to hear stuff like that. I have 2 motors going strong in the 200k neighborhood, and hope the I-6 my 80 gets there one day as well. I would also expect no less of Toyota's flagship V-8 in their best vehicle. Now the v-8 swapped into an 80 series would be double cool-hopefully, someone will sort this out in time.

I did not enjoy reading about the $1200 master cylinder, but Toyota must be gold plating them now for the 100 series crowd. There's a good incentive to do a yearly brake fluid flush/bleed. I think all motors and models have pros and cons, but heck, I'd take a 100 over a tahoe anyday. :D I do think that for the 100s, Toyota is moving away from the user servicability aspect of the older Land Cruisers which I do not see as a welcome trend.

I'm still on the fence about the 100s over all, but the Lexus GX470 is really growing on me. I suppose that is essentailly the same drivetrain. Make that GX a diesel like the Prados I saw all over Central America, and I'll buy one, IFS be damned!

So Shotts, I'm no 80's uber alles advocate-please don't bash the 80 section so generally! We do not need to revisit the arguments of last year.

Last edited:
Cruiserdrew said:
I love to hear stuff like that. I have 2 motors going strong in the 200k neighborhood, and hope the I-6 my 80 gets there one day as well. I would also expect no less of Toyota's flagship V-8 in their best vehicle. Now the v-8 swapped into an 80 series would be double cool-hopefully, someone will sort this out in time.

I did not enjoy reading about the $1200 master cylinder, but Toyota must be gold plating them now for the 100 series crowd. There's a good incentive to do a yearly brake fluid flush/bleed. I think all motors and models have pros and cons, but heck, I'd take a 100 over a tahoe anyday. :D I do think that for the 100s, Toyota is moving away from the user servicability aspect of the older Land Cruisers which I do not see as a welcome trend.

I'm still on the fence about the 100s over all, but the Lexus GX470 is really growing on me. I suppose that is essentailly the same drivetrain. Make that GX a diesel like the Prados I saw all over Central America, and I'll buy one, IFS be damned!

So Shotts, I'm no 80's uber alles advocate-please don't bash the 80 section so generally! We do not need to revisit the arguments of last year.

Nobody bashed in the "80 section". I said the "6 sucks". It's an underpowered and noisy motor in comparison to the 100. I should of clarified. :beer:

calamaridog: thanks for the link, but nothing on their site seems to work at the moment.

Im definitely passing on the $400 sway bars, but sounds like it would have been a great mod.......like 5 years ago for me. I guess I'll try factory. I hope its an easy swap, doesnt seem like it would be too difficult.

I might be visting that expensive master cylinder experience as the LX brakes, but doesnt brake with authority like other 100 series I've driven. But again at 203K miles now, Im not overly surprised either.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Nobody bashed in the "80 section". I said the "6 sucks". It's an underpowered and noisy motor in comparison to the 100. I should of clarified. :beer:

John,

The 4.5 was an improvement over previous motors just as the new VVTI 4.7 is a huge improvement over the 4.7 we have.

I just drove a VVTI 4.7 and they are damn ballsy. Looks like I'll be doing a swap in about 5 years or just upgrading to a 2006.

Each generation motor should be a step up from the last.

So no reason to pick a fight:flipoff2:

calamaridog said:
John,

The 4.5 was an improvement over previous motors just as the new VVTI 4.7 is a huge improvement over the 4.7 we have.

I just drove a VVTI 4.7 and they are damn ballsy. Looks like I'll be doing a swap in about 5 years or just upgrading to a 2006.

Each generation motor should be a step up from the last.

So no reason to pick a fight:flipoff2:

Pick a fight? Hmmm, is that what my writing was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom