Upgraded pump info for LRA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I've been combing through old posts trying to find a brand, model, or other specs, and am not having much luck.

I'd like to upgrade the pump on my LRA tank to transfer fuel more quickly.

Does anyone have information about the upgraded fuel pump?

Thank you! Ordered.

I just timed my LRA 12.5 on how long it takes to transfer fuel and yes it was full. The process took 11mins:08secs and an additional 1m:35sec for the switch light to stop blinking.

CD5CCDDF-AF13-4C8D-83ED-B39DC645871C.jpeg

82B465A4-1556-416E-90DB-551C407F3ECA.jpeg

229F4714-8736-43EA-AEBD-DC8498CA602F.jpeg

A36DB2BE-64E8-4E13-9787-AB9CCEDC49EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing those pictures! Super tidy installation. Makes me want to go redo mine.

One thing I don't see is the charcoal canister filter black box in the vent line that I had to relocate to the wheel well. Maybe that only gets relocated on the 12.5 gal, or did you installed delete it...

1661363107360.png

1661363155079.png

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing those pictures! Super tidy installation. Makes me want to go redo mine.

One thing I don't see is the charcoal canister filter black box in the vent line that I had to relocate to the wheel well. Maybe that only gets relocated on the 12.5 gal, or did you installed delete it...

View attachment 3095821

View attachment 3095822
It’s there, just not in the photo. I’ll try and get a pic when I have a minute to get under it.

Amazon managed to lose my pump (label created, no other status since). Grrrr. Off to find a different vendor.

I was looking at the Carter pumps. Carter seems to have a bad quality reputation. That Carter pumps 50gph and the Airtex E84070N 72gph. More seems like it would reduce pumping time.

I was looking at the Carter pumps. Carter seems to have a bad quality reputation. That Carter pumps 50gph and the Airtex E84070N 72gph. More seems like it would reduce pumping time.
I could be wrong but if you scroll up to my photo above, I believe it’s an Airtex you suggested. It transfers fuel pretty quick…under 11mins from start to finish. Amazon product ASIN B00NG1IKQQ

Thanks...any idea if that Airtex E84070N fits in the standard (behind trim of rear passenger wheel well) location?

Thanks...any idea if that Airtex E84070N fits in the standard (behind trim of rear passenger wheel well) location?

There is a picture of that pump above (Upgraded pump info for LRA? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/upgraded-pump-info-for-lra.1291862/post-14579478) of the pump in the behind the passenger wheel location. That's a little further back than where I mounted my Facet, but in the same general location. The Airtex and Carter look to be similar size and design (vane pump).

I could be wrong but if you scroll up to my photo above, I believe it’s an Airtex you suggested. It transfers fuel pretty quick…under 11mins from start to finish. Amazon product ASIN B00NG1IKQQ
Somebody (@Fisher23) said that the Airtex is the upgraded pump. I tried to order one. Amazon lost it. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next.

Somebody (@Fisher23) said that the Airtex is the upgraded pump. I tried to order one. Amazon lost it. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next.
That stinks! Hopefully you get it soon. I’ve been very happy with it, especially when I hear other say it take 20mins to transfer fuel.

The one that came with my LRA was a Purolator Posi-Flo pump. It pumps 4-7 psi, 32 gph. 1/8NPT ports. 5/15 hose barb adapter/filter.

The Airtex should cut pumping time in half at 72 gph.

Looks like you can get Airtex pumps up to 100 gph, but the 72 gph is probably plenty.

Last edited:

Ed Martini used that one first .. then Murchison and a few others. I would think any reliable pump would work.

TransferFlow is the other manufacture of transfer tanks. I have that on my Ram. I wonder which pump they use?

I am running the Holley Red. It is working great!!

I was wondering why did you selected that inline filter vs the water separator one?

I was wondering why did you selected that inline filter vs the water separator one?
I went with the automotive inline filter and didn't use a marine filter with water separator. I simply didn't see the need with gasoline. If it was diesel, I likely would have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom