Union for oil pump tube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does someone know what the size is for that union that goes from the oil pump tube to the underside of the block? Into the block is 12mm x 1.25, but sure what the tube compression side is, 14mm? 17mm? And would it be available at the local ACE? Been trying to get ahold of ToyotaMatt, I know he sells them....but have not heard back

PRO TIP; don't forget to remove this fitting when you are swapping blocks!!!!! Grrr, completely held up my engine swap this weekend.

normally you would measure the outside diameter of the tube. This would be the size of the compression fitting. If you have the nut and ferrule still on the end of the tube that you want to reuse, then you would need to make sure the threaded portion of the compression adapter is correct and the compression seat works with the ferrule. In other words, if you have and will reuse the nut and ferrule it might be best to source a used one from a toyota engine. The same fitting seems to be used for 2F and 3FE engines.

good luck.

I got this picture from this thread: Wanted - Where do I get one of these? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/where-do-i-get-one-of-these.1086465/#post-11870593. Maybe @ToyotaMatt still has that one he shows...

It looks like the small side the threads into the block is tapered.

1667840112454.png

normally you would measure the outside diameter of the tube. This would be the size of the compression fitting. If you have the nut and ferrule still on the end of the tube that you want to reuse, then you would need to make sure the threaded portion of the compression adapter is correct and the compression seat works with the ferrule. In other words, if you have and will reuse the nut and ferrule it might be best to source a used one from a toyota engine. The same fitting seems to be used for 2F and 3FE engines.

good luck.
I did see that post....and saw the new brass part that ToyotaMatt sells, have been trying to get in touch with him but he has not responded, also can't find the part on his website. You're right, it does look tapered, it is 12mm 1.25 into the block and the tube out of pump is 11mm. Still trying to figure out if I can source this locally.....need it desperately. One little $4 part........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom