Underground Sprinkler System - Station Controler Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a sprinkler system with approx 9 stations (each turns on several sprinklers). One of the rear stations apparently has gotten stuck open because whever the system has water to it those sprinkers are on no matter what. The problem is that I can't locate the controller for this station. Anyone know any tricks for finding it? I am able to find the front station controllers pretty easily (6" green covers) but can't find any in the back yard.

:cheers:

Do you have a master manifold where the water comes together and then is distributed out to the stations?
if so on top is a star wheel to manually activate it.

Another would be at the controller there are wires for each valve disconnect each circuit until you only have the bad one left attached then you can hook up a locator and scan the ground to follow where that wire circuit leads. this can be time consuming.

they make specialty locators for things like buried boxes but they are expensive.

But if you can isolate what that heads are only on that circuit it should narrow down the search a bit as well. BUT the valve could be close to the house or way out near the heads. I prefer to set up a manifold close to the garage and then run trunk lines out from there.

LOL ! In my landscaping business we have to do that once in a while. Probably under 6 years of mulch in a planting bed. Start raking around, you will find it.

LOL ! In my landscaping business we have to do that once in a while. Probably under 6 years of mulch in a planting bed. Start raking around, you will find it.

Yep, and hopefully someone didn't cover it up with a paver or flagstone patio.;)

Do you have a master manifold where the water comes together and then is distributed out to the stations?
if so on top is a star wheel to manually activate it.

Another would be at the controller there are wires for each valve disconnect each circuit until you only have the bad one left attached then you can hook up a locator and scan the ground to follow where that wire circuit leads. this can be time consuming.

they make specialty locators for things like buried boxes but they are expensive.

But if you can isolate what that heads are only on that circuit it should narrow down the search a bit as well. BUT the valve could be close to the house or way out near the heads. I prefer to set up a manifold close to the garage and then run trunk lines out from there.

I believe all I have is a computer controller in the garage and have found no master manifold at all. I assume that there are individual wires that go to each station individually to turn them on/off. Sounds like purchasing a locator would be just as expensive as calling a sprinkler guy?

Thanks everyone!

Get a rod about 3/8's of an inch and start poking around in the flower beads and such.

Or do this. Go to google and copy a picture of your house. Then layout each zone for us. I bet we can figure out where to start looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom