Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After four months, I finally got her to the U.S. She's currently sitting in Virginia, waiting on the state to issue a title and registration. I am debating whether or not to sell because I wont be able to drive it for at least two years and hate to see it sit.

Odometer and A/C took a dump not long after I bought it. I think A/C is just a leak as I had it recharged and it was blowing cold for a week. Mechanic I had in Botswana said the odometer gear is stripped out and his only fix was an entirely new cluster.

If I sold it, what should I ask? 1993, KZJ78 with a M/T, less than 200k miles on the odometer, minimal underbody rust as it spent most of its life in southern Africa.

20220405_092033_HDR.jpg

Just picked this up from another forum member yesterday; came out of central Florida, and now it's residing - momentarily - in NC. 1990 HZJ73. Very clean, by my standards; I think that all I really need to do is find out why my front seat is loose and making a few popping/complaining sounds, and then give everything a bath after driving 600 miles to get home.

Also, this is basically the first time I've posted after being registered here for years, so: hi.

PXL_20220916_004819030.jpg

Wish I could; it's not far away...but work and life have me spoken-for.

Overall, it's a clean truck. We're going to do a little bit of paint repair, redesign the sound system, and then figure out why my driver's seat feels...well, loose...and pretty much call it good. I don't really have a laundry list of things to do, which is very nice.

Just picked this up from another forum member yesterday; came out of central Florida, and now it's residing - momentarily - in NC. 1990 HZJ73. Very clean, by my standards; I think that all I really need to do is find out why my front seat is loose and making a few popping/complaining sounds, and then give everything a bath after driving 600 miles to get home.

Also, this is basically the first time I've posted after being registered here for years, so: hi.

View attachment 3116299
that @crfa1 ’s? super clean from what I saw in the for sale, good buy!

that @crfa1 ’s? super clean from what I saw in the for sale, good buy!
Sure is. Or, was. And yeah, it's a clean truck and honestly doesn't need much. There's a bit of paint to repair, which is easy, and I need to handle the seat issue...but that's about it. Ironically it's harder to figure out what to do about the seat than it is the paint; you'd think that would be the other way around.

Anyway, yeah, it's a nice truck. The pictures weren't lying. :)

my new purchase,,, 95 Prado RHD,,, couple of quick mods already. need a roof rack, a good stereo and that's about it.

View attachment 3124137

View attachment 3124145

View attachment 3124147

Nice! I already sold them when I installed a kaymar but I had a set of lower rear quarter covers that looks like you need also. Here is a pic of when I had them installed. (link to product storefront below)

covers4.JPG

リアバンパーサイド – モトレージ - https://www.moto-rage.co.jp/product/%e3%83%aa%e3%82%a2%e3%83%90%e3%83%b3%e3%83%91%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b5%e3%82%a4%e3%83%89

Reactions: BCM
Nice! I already sold them when I installed a kaymar but I had a set of lower rear quarter covers that looks like you need also. Here is a pic of when I had them installed. (link to product storefront below)

View attachment 3124161

リアバンパーサイド – モトレージ - https://www.moto-rage.co.jp/product/%e3%83%aa%e3%82%a2%e3%83%90%e3%83%b3%e3%83%91%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b5%e3%82%a4%e3%83%89
i like those, but how do you order them,,, is there an english version of the web page? I'm new to this, so my apologies if that's a dumb question
mike

i like those, but how do you order them,,, is there an english version of the web page? I'm new to this, so my apologies if that's a dumb question
mike

You can use a proxy service such as buyee to buy them ( www.buyee.jp ). Buyee allows you to purchase and ship to USA address from yahoo storefront. Below is link to yahoo storefront.

モトレージ リアバンパーサイド(未塗装) ランドクルーザー70バン :MOTO-RBS:シューエイヤフー店 - 通販 - Yahoo!ショッピング - https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/shuei4wd/moto-rbs.html?sc_i=shp_pc_search_itemlist_shsrg_title

Last edited:
I finally took delivery of the Prado I've been waiting on... I posted it earlier - 1995 KZJ78, stick shift, locking rear diff, and 86,000km. It has a factory winch installed (which I was not expecting), but does not have the remote control. Are these switches near the shifter related to the winch? They don't appear to do anything (my apologies if anyone in Japan had their garage door going up and down earlier today as I was tinkering with the switches to see what they control). There also is a turbo timer (which I'd like to figure out how to uninstall) and a couple lights on the bumper that could be related with those switches, but so far they don't seem to do anything. They look like an "eject" or "flame thrower" button from a 1960s James Bond movie.

IMG_5119.jpeg

Hello,

It is better to keep the turbo timer. It helps you to spool down the turbo and cool down the engine, especially after sustained high speed/rpm.

Juan

Here is my HZJ73 I bought about 2 years ago.
Do any of you experts know what wheels these are? My spare doesn’t match and my OCD is showing. Thanks all.

F203CC98-E04D-4CF5-B1BC-65C64538A96E.jpeg

Here is my HZJ73 I bought about 2 years ago.
Do any of you experts know what wheels these are? My spare doesn’t match and my OCD is showing. Thanks all.

View attachment 3134377

Likely a JDM aftermarket wheel. A lot of Cruisers got those. There should be a manufacturer name on them someplace. Possibly Enkei or Jaos. If they are "period" wheels they are almost certainly discontinued by now.

That's the one that was for sale in NH, yeah? Looked pretty clean if I remember correctly - nice!
Good eye! Thanks, yep, I bought it off BaT, it is pretty dang clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom