Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow - small world!! Dari I saw your Prado in traffic in Denver the day I decided to put a deposit down on mine!
Intro coming...

KZJ78 in Conifer, Colorado - Japanese Imports.
Let this serve as the “before” pic!

ACE16997-34B4-4317-AC5A-046C73D91282.jpeg

1985 BJ70 LHD 24V import from somewhere in EU. Located in Nashville.

Just picked it up a month ago and started tearing in to the inside. I purchased this as an abandoned project and it also included a canadian 1986 BJ70 as a donor. The donor actually has good glass, a supposedly good engine and tranny. Lower panels show a bunch of rust though. Once I switch over all the interior, I'll post it up for sale.

I have had a FJ40's but man, I'm really digging this 70. It rides better, has more room and I really like the look. I'll probably paint it in a year or two as I'm not 100% committed on the yellow.

70.jpg

Finally received my 1993 KZJ78 and drove it home to New Mexico. Its definitely going to be a project getting it ready for the intense desert heat. Has some kinks, but I am really looking forward to keeping it on the road. Been wanting one of these for a while, its going to be a nice project vehicle. View attachment 1875967

Looks awesome - good luck with the project!

Thanks. Dealing with the same issues that you are in regards to the cooling system. About to fabricate a new dump pipe and address the fan clutch mod. It ran pretty warm during the 300 mile drive home in 30 degree weather. Came with a bent rear axle which want noticable nor disclosed when I test drove it.

Thanks. Dealing with the same issues that you are in regards to the cooling system. About to fabricate a new dump pipe and address the fan clutch mod. It ran pretty warm during the 300 mile drive home in 30 degree weather. Came with a bent rear axle which want noticable nor disclosed when I test drove it.

It’s been cold here, but the fan clutch mod seems to have helped a lot! I still don’t hear much of a fan roar that people talk about, but the temp is staying where it is supposed to.

I think the dump pipe is next on the list and then I may consider figuring out an intercooler mod.

I don't think I've posted mine. The build thread is here Builds - Portland Troopy Build

1HDT , Alucab pop top and Goose Gear interior are the biggest adds but quite a bit else.

1990 BJ75. 160k kilometers.

Klickatat.jpg

If I had known that you hadn't already posted your Troopy I would have pestered you a long time ago. :)
I just assumed it was already on here.

It kind of is. I posted it when I owned it. Just checked and the post is January 7, 2018.

It's a totally different car now. Worthy of seeing again.

It kind of is. I posted it when I owned it. Just checked and the post is January 7, 2018.

It's a totally different car now. Worthy of seeing again.
This thread was started in the Spring of 2014 and there are now 37 pages of 70 Series registered in the U.S.
Kinda cool in my opinion.

Year and model of vehicle: 1993 HZJ77
2. IH8Mud Handle: Patches2305
3. Location of vehicle: Cedar Point, N.C.
4. Country of Origin: Japan (Hokkaido)
5. Mileage: 223,000km (currently)
6. Modifications: Lift, rims/tires, crap bumper (in the market for a replacement), running boards, exhaust.
6. How you use the truck: Daily driver, Family adventure truck
7. Future plans: Front bumper w/winch, snorkel, rear bumper w/tire carrier, turbo (maybe).

I have owned the 77 for over a year and had been driving it in Okinawa. It arrived in the US on Jan. 16, was finally received on Jan. 22 and registered the same day in N.C.

upload_2019-1-23_21-6-8.jpeg
upload_2019-1-23_21-8-1.jpeg
upload_2019-1-23_21-11-0.png
upload_2019-1-23_21-12-37.jpeg

1HZ, H55F, factory e-hubs and f/r lockers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom