Tyre wear adjusting rear axel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been having eternal issues with left front tyre wear
Alignment of rear axel shows these figures thinking modding lower arm to correct the rear axel with thread and nut please look at the rear chart.. Is the toyo arm solid?
Tks much appreciated

IMG-20190221-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190221-WA0002.jpg

What figure are you looking to adjust? I don't see any issue with the alignment of the rear axle, less than a degree of difference side to side seems inconsequential to me but I'm not an alignment expert.

Been having eternal issues with left front tyre wear
Alignment of rear axel shows these figures thinking modding lower arm to correct the rear axel with thread and nut please look at the rear chart.. Is the toyo arm solid?
Tks much appreciated

View attachment 1910153

View attachment 1910154

I was told that the measurement between front right to rear vs left right to rear is 15mm less im not sure now if the back axel is skew or not
Does any body know where the chassis point s are to check the back axel..

The stock control arms in the rear are all solid with no adjustment. You'll just want to visually look at them to see if there is any damage or bends in them, which is possible if you hit something hard. Also visually check the rubber bushings.

Not sure what the tolerance range is on an alignment machine, but those numbers appear to be in tolerance and is of no concern.

Yes i was asking if they are tubular
But also wanted to locate the axel and check coz somewhere ther are points to measure the rear axel

Left front tyre wear is bad and it has been going on awhile.. Only other issue is the ome springs which are std hight(no lift) but front isn't level

Yes i was asking if they are tubular
But also wanted to locate the axel and check coz somewhere ther are points to measure the rear axel

Left front tyre wear is bad and it has been going on awhile.. Only other issue is the ome springs which are std hight(no lift) but front isn't level
But I swapped them Over left to right and still left front wear

But I swapped them Over left to right and still left front wear

Why would you be looking at the rear axle when you are experiencing tire wear on the left-front? Sounds like a front end alignment issue to me... tow or camber. What kind of wear are you experiencing?

your numbers in the rear wont cause a tire wear issue, it would cause a pull. tire wear in the front would be caused by incorrect toe or camber angles

Coz someapparent expert said left hub to hub is different by 18mm front right side hub to hub.. But yes i thought the front axel has more parameters that could coz the problem just wanted to check the rear axel position

Spose I should do the front axel service even though it doesnt seem to need it

Coz someapparent expert said left hub to hub is different by 18mm front right side hub to hub.. But yes i thought the front axel has more parameters that could coz the problem just wanted to check the rear axel position

The car has been pulling left for since time

You can have the front and rear axles not aligned without issue. Man folks who don't change panhard bars when lifting have a configuration like that. No need to do front axle service. Get the specs on your front alignment. If alignmnt is out of spec, adjust like you would with a typical alignment.

The car has been pulling left for since time

Sounds like tow on your left front tire is out of spec. A standard alignment would fix this.

Sounds like tow on your left front tire is out of spec. A standard alignment would fix this.

Before you get an alignment or proper toe adjustment, the front wheel bearings MUST be confirmed they are correct and adjusted properly or you will be throwing your time and money down the toilet.

Same with the rear wheel bearings for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom