Tyrant 4x4 Electric Running Boards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am considering buying some of the electric running boards from Tyrant for my 2021 HE.

Has anyone installed these on their 200 series?

I would love to hear any reviews, thoughts, concerns, install stories, etc. Any pics would be appreciated as well.

Thank you everyone!

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am considering buying some of the electric running boards from Tyrant for my 2021 HE.

I would love to hear any reviews, thoughts, concerns, install stories, etc. Any pics would be appreciated as well.

Thank you everyone!

I think @Angelo1 has them. Probably not too many others. Most have sliders if not stock.

I had these and they were great until one side stopped working. It wasn’t the fuses or wiring, I believe the motor unit went out. Tyrant has great customer service and was willing to replace it and no charge. They really stand behind their products. However, I ended up just replacing them with Slee Lexus sliders and rock lights. I prefer the sliders for a couple reasons. One, I can use them when the doors are closed, like getting something off the roof without a door being open and two, they add a lot more rock damage security. If you’re not planning on any off road, the Tyrants are great. Just keep the boxes they came in for the off chance you have to ship one or both back for warranty work.

I think clearview makes a nice set too and I’m the jeep world they have combo sliders and electric steps which look like a hybrid/compromise too.

I had these and they were great until one side stopped working. It wasn’t the fuses or wiring, I believe the motor unit went out. Tyrant has great customer service and was willing to replace it and no charge. They really stand behind their products. However, I ended up just replacing them with Slee Lexus sliders and rock lights. I prefer the sliders for a couple reasons. One, I can use them when the doors are closed, like getting something off the roof without a door being open and two, they add a lot more rock damage security. If you’re not planning on any off road, the Tyrants are great. Just keep the boxes they came in for the off chance you have to ship one or both back for warranty work.
Thanks for the info! May I ask how long they lasted before the malfunction?

Thanks for the info! May I ask how long they lasted before the malfunction?
2yrs., not long enough. I suppose that could be do to the fact, they were retracted a half dozen times a day. It eventually will wear on the motors. They do retract very quickly compared to any others I’ve seen and look/feel more robust as well. I personally think they don’t look right on a 200 but if you’re not planning on off-road(rocky terrain), they make it a lot easier for people to get into the LC and provide really nice ground lighting.

Hey Guys,

Thank you everyone!
I have them on my 2016 LC 200. I put them on after a BP-51 lift. That way my wife can still use it occasionally.
I recently sold my modified JL Rubicon (3" 37's) and am using the LC for moderate rides. I'm torn between the convenience of the Tyrant e-steps and the concern about damaging them on a rock. I'm working with a Fabrcator to make some protection over the hinges. Otherwise they have been great for the last year.

Had similar on wifes old 4R (factory boards). Intermittent issues from day one. When we got her a 2020, auto boards were the one feature that we demanded it not have.

Awesome when they work, pita when they don't.

Does anyone know where to purchase these now? US supplier?

I ordered mine on amazon, but I don't think you can now. Tyrant has a site on FB You can email. It takes forever to get them now. Tyrant is an Australian company, but the steps are made in China. You can call them, but be sure you get the sales mgr in Australia. A fellow named Joe Christo, who is good, but your email can get directed to other guys ( maybe in China) who are not responsive. They are having the same problem there that we are With getting reliable workers. I finally had to call long distance about a replacement part that would not come. (No 800 number) the call cost me $168 US. I finally removed the damaged step. They worked well until I came down on a rock. My fault. You have to be carful with them. I now have a White Knuckle slider on the passenger side and Tyrant on the driver 🥴. If they made a protective “slider box“ as other e-step makers do I would consider trying them again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom