Two years of running problems and no power are fixed at last (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grenadaseafaris.com
I have been chasing a running problem for about two years, it felt like a fuel problem, engine had lack of power, mostly in the mornings, I would try and overtake but had now power, , even when the engine kicked down.....its was really poor, ....after giving the engine some heavy stomping on the gas pedal and making the old girl rev the power would come back in a wave as if the engine was suddenly getting fuel, ....this this has run me ragged ....so I started replaceing stuff out of desperation, it really did feel like a fuel supply problem so I replaced fuel pump, TPS, fuel filter, distributor cap and leads..... didn't think it was electrical but they looked old.....plugs.....maf, air intake pipe, air filter, .....finally a couple of weeks ago I replaced the o2 sensor...... well what do ya know, that fixed it......I had checked the ohms reading on the o2 sensor about a year ago, .....it seemed to be giving correct reading from cold and as the engine warmed up, but it's was the problem........my car was miserable some mornings....worse if it had stood a week or 2 without being used, .....o2 sensor was making it run lean, sometimes it would kick down but had no power due to how lean the o2 sensor was making the engine run,,,,,,, fuel consumption has got a bit worse but the power is back, it drives like a different car now.

I had no check engine light,

I don't know how long o2 sensors last, some car makers have them on the service list to change at 50-70k or 100k, mine might have done 190k, never changed one before but its worth keeping in mind, for 60bucks it might be worth changing every 100k , I was thinking about putting a supercharger on.....don't think I need it now my power is back.

Yeah, early EFI systems are dumb as rocks compared to the current breed.

Keep the computer happy and it will keep you happy -- but the old systems don't often know that something is wrong.

thats how i fixxed my low power diesel POS ;)

thats how i fixxed my low power diesel POS ;)
And here I would love a low powered diesel POS lol. Looks purty... If you like Chevy engines in cruisers.

The full LS conversion cost as much as it did for a 1hd fte bare block, then sink another 10 into it for almost the same power, thats what sold me

How fast would you go previously to install when pedal was fully pressed on flat highway?

How fast when it down shifted, more or less max speed.

Without overdrive mine would be about 55 and when it downshifts I can get it around 70-80 max safely.

Where'd you get o2? Part #

Same situation here. I chased a similar no power problem for over a year before I installed a new upstream (air/fuel mixture) O2 sensor and finally solved my problem. Which sensor did you replace to solve the problem?

Same situation here. I chased a similar no power problem for over a year before I installed a new upstream (air/fuel mixture) O2 sensor and finally solved my problem. Which sensor did you replace to solve the problem?
Mine is a 95 truck, has the twin cats and only one sensor which is just before the cats, there is a place for a second one after the cats but it's blanked off and has no sensor
Hope that helps

How fast would you go previously to install when pedal was fully pressed on flat highway?

How fast when it down shifted, more or less max speed.

Without overdrive mine would be about 55 and when it downshifts I can get it around 70-80 max safely.

Where'd you get o2? Part #
Just looked online found what I needed, not sure what the part number is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom