craigslist Two LC100s in San Diego w/ >75k for under $17k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you guys seen these two? They've been around for a while...

Someone needs to call these people up!

Are they? That's too bad. I had texted with one of the sellers a few weeks ago before buying a different truck, and I got a few responses....although it never got to the point of having a phone call.

It’s interesting that people mentioned the 2006 in that thread. I actually had multiple phone chats with the seller on that one. He seemed legit for the most part, but he would suddenly fo mia for a few days, and he never sent me the vin I requested.

All of this makes me glad I went with the one I did (2005 LX with 96k for $13,300 and zero rust) because I was really debating between it and these. I still thought mine ended up being the better deal, and these are scams.

All of this makes me glad I went with the one I did (2005 LX with 96k for $13,300 and zero rust) because I was really debating between it and these. I still thought mine ended up being the better deal, and these are scams.
2005 LX with 96k miles for $13,300. WUT?

Yeah, it was quite a find. I was doing nationwide Craigslist searches with SearchTempest, and this one was about eight hours from me (and an easy flight). I called the seller up, he sent me 60+ photos, we talked price and I flew down. Everything was at least good as expected, and in a lot of cases, better. The seller was very forthcoming, and we even ended up going out to grab some food at his family's restaurant after we made the deal.

The truck spent the first 80k of its life in southern California and was serviced at the Lexus dealership 3-4x per year. Timing belt has been done, and AHC globes were recently replaced with genuine, from-Japan parts. I will need to do some small things (heater tees, drive belt, coolant flush) and have put a couple grand into cosmetics like minor PDR, paint correction (it shines like brand new now, totally worth it) and an ARB bumper.

I'm two weeks in but absolutely love this thing.

If you aren’t shopping the forums or Facebook groups, this pricing is fairly common. Most private sellers aren’t inflating the prices. So much money wasted on buying premiums here that could be put elsewhere.

What Facebook forums. That seems like a really good deal.

I wouldn't exactly call it common. I searched nationwide on Craigslist, Car Gurus, Carsforsale.com, Cars.com and Auto Trader very regularly for a while before finding it. Currently, there's only one 100 series on Craigslist in the entire US with under 110k for less than $15k (Toyota Land Cruiser, Low milage, Excellent Condition). Oddly, the description actually resembles the description of the the two trucks I posted up above, so this one may also not be legit (I have no idea).

I think you can find 125k mile trucks for $16-17k pretty regularly, but the question is service history and rust. I pretty regularly saw examples like this -- sometimes even in the $14-15k range -- on a couple sites, but they were often from small dealers in rusty states. That is a bad combination to me. They were also often early model years, and I really wanted a 2003+.

I just did a few quick searches, and I did find a few interesting options (all from dealers):

I personally think the odds of getting a great deal from a dealer are pretty low, but it's certainly true that there is collectively a bigger selection from dealers. I personally prefer buying from individuals, so I really like Craigslist....and even Ebay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom