Twin stick for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched for "twin stick" on this forum, didn't see anything. So, thought I'd ask: has anyone thought about the possibility of making the 80 t-case a twin-stick? Would it allow separate FWD and RWD, or just RWD low (or none of the above)?

I thought of it when someone mentioned keeping their front hub locks because once their front diff didn't unlock and they needed the hub unlock to go down a steep hill. It does seem like our electric lockers are pig-slow (at least mine are), so that's one reason to want to consider a twin-stick.

Kenton

The HF2AV does have 2 shift forks, the shift from the cab (high<-> low), and one for the locker (lock <->unlock)

With mods including deletions of the viscous coupler and several machining operations and some custom machined parts it is theorized you can get part time operation of it, H<->L and 4WD<->2WD (part time only loosing all wheel drive)

That is a lot of work to just to get to part time, and no where close to "twin stick" FWD<->RWD<->4WD

It is not a Dana 300

>> It does seem like our electric lockers are pig-slow (at least mine are), <<

Mine are excercised weekly and 9 out of 10 times they engage from instantly to ~3 seconds for the rear, worst case. [ Probably just jinxed myself .... ]

If yours are that slow (don't know what pig-slow means) then you probably need to clean the actuators and excerise them more often.

-B-

I've been trying to excercise the lockers every moon cycles to keep them working properly. There were times that many moons had past but the lockers would still work flawlessly (instantly on the front, sometimes a few seconds on the rear); so I don't think our e-lockers are pig slow at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom