Turn Signal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK Guys,

I don't have access to a manual and my wife just called me describing the turn signal relay clicking twice as fast as normal. Just a guess, but does this indicate a broken signal bulb -- or is the relay failing?

I figure this is a simple one, but apparently the starter contacts are dying too!

Sounds like the bulb is shot.

You'd better tell your wife that the only sensible way to repair it is with an ARB bumper.

This is Toyota's way of telling you there's an open circuit in the turning signal system. I had the same thing happen when installing an ARB winchbar in an old mini...didn't have the turning signals connected on the drive home from the muffler shop, signal light in the dash flashed much more rapid than normal. A blown bulb would probably give the same result.

This is happening now in my Camry but all the bulbs test fine. I am going to try the flasher relay next.

Just FYI if anyone cares: I swapped the L/R bulbs to no avail. It doesn't appear that the bulb was bad. The filament was still solidly connected. But, in playing around with it, magically it started working correctly. I would guess its a relay in this truck, but the $4 I spent for 2 new bulbs doesn't seem like money wasted...

Bulbs do not always burn out, check the contact tabs where they hit the socket. sometimes they just need cleaning or reseating. Always check for good ground contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom