Turf-n-Surf 2016 November 11-13th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was fun watching all the land cruisers pulling stuck vehicles/trailers out of the sand...

:lol:

ok....happens every year...who rolled their rigs in the sand... fess up and show us the carnage.

I did.

20161112_230108_zpsqe0rrrpu.jpg

20161113_141706_zpsjfsbkeug.jpg

No injuries, just one bashed up 60. This is a consequence of way too little power to get yourself out of trouble and way too little illumination to avoid it.

Anyone want a trail rig?

Frank

I did.

No injuries, just one bashed up 60. This is a consequence of way too little power to get yourself out of trouble and way too little illumination to avoid it.

Anyone want a trail rig?

Frank
Glad to hear everyone is OK, we noticed your rig as we were pulling out.

The sheer number of cruisers in the picture lineup was amazing.

15094894_10207175100674248_8582171077364487537_n.jpg
The weather was perfect its always Great seeing and wheeling with our extended Family. Thanks to Seth and his wife for making this another Fantastic year of cruisen in the dunes. Already looking forward to next year

Didn't roll, but had a lil bit of a close call.....being under experienced myself, came up on the ridge of a dune a lil too fast, then slid off over to the driver side.......slider was about 10" off the sand.......spun the front pass tire a couple times, & BUCKETS of sand got sent flying into the passenger seat......lol.......& into the open sun roof, right on top of my head.........

......Figured best just to take it slow.......my Wife was like freaking out, as I told her, "CHILL, someone will help us out shortly. " A father in a gray Chevy & his son in a olive 40 came by like 30 seconds later & asked if they could help...... The 40 hooked up to the front, the dad jumped in the driver seat, looked over at the wife who was covered as pictured, & said.........'DOH'!!!

Me & another guy kinda held/propped the rear up as they pulled, / drove out nice and slow and safe.

Right about here I was like, damn! I should have snapped a couple pics first!!

Oh well, here is the proof it happened......already posted in the hot chick thread lol.......cuz it's too dang funny!!!

Gotta love the MUD community, & just off roaders in general for living to help when people are stuck, or in trouble.

Thank you!
IMG_5107_2.jpg
Image-1.jpg

Didn't roll, but had a lil bit of a close call.....being under experienced myself, came up on the ridge of a dune a lil too fast, then slid off over to the driver side.......slider was about 10" off the sand.......spun the front pass tire a couple times, & BUCKETS of sand got sent flying into the passenger seat......lol.......& into the open sun roof, right on top of my head.........

......Figured best just to take it slow.......my Wife was like freaking out, as I told her, "CHILL, someone will help us out shortly. " A father in a gray Chevy & his son in a olive 40 came by like 30 seconds later & asked if they could help...... The 40 hooked up to the front, the dad jumped in the driver seat, looked over at the wife who was covered as pictured, & said.........'DOH'!!!

Me & another guy kinda held/propped the rear up as they pulled, / drove out nice and slow and safe.

Right about here I was like, damn! I should have snapped a couple pics first!!

Oh well, here is the proof it happened......already posted in the hot chick thread lol.......cuz it's too dang funny!!!

Gotta love the MUD community, & just off roaders in general for living to help when people are stuck, or in trouble.

Thank you! View attachment 1351614 View attachment 1351620

Do you call her Sandy now?

I did.

Anyone want a trail rig?

Frank

Price? lol

Thats a bummer, gonna run insurance through it or just call it a loss? Glad you are alright. I got flipped in my 60 in August

The lady and myself had an awesome time, as always. I missed the group picture, poker event and other event related stuff (didn't see the schedule at the tent until i grabbed my shirts, stickers and the free beer). but still calculated out about 850-900 miles round trip!

For good measure, here's the 4Runner:

desktop-4Runner.jpg

Glad to hear everyone had fun, all the pictures look awesome! Unfortunately I got some sort of food poisoning or flu late Friday night and ended up sleeping in my truck most of the weekend.

Bummed I missed out on the awesome weather, but looking forward to next year as always! Keep the pics coming!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom