Tundra/Sequoia Picture Thread! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rolled over 100k today.
88EB085B-8F99-4CFD-B774-582C2DD0D77C.jpeg

What rating are those tires? I'm currently about to downgrade to 18s and am deciding between E and P rated.
They're E. It's hard to find a lower ply rating in the taller sizes. Plus it is nice having the piece of mind with more strength even though they aren't as cushy. Not to mention they tend to last longer.

I’ve got E rated tires and they are great……..people get real particular about tires, it’s very personal. Same thing with suspension, people complain about too stiff of a ride when 9 times out of 10, I like the stiffness and extra feel of the road.

Hm yeah I'm not sure what to do at this point. I like the better siping in the P rated ones since I do have to handle snow when skiing, but I also realize that E would probably be fine, especially since mine has the rear air suspension.

What rating are those tires? I'm currently about to downgrade to 18s and am deciding between E and P rated.
It all comes down to use and personal preference. P-rated tires tend to be quieter, have a more gentle ride, and get better MPG. Given the option, I tend to always default to E-Rated all-terrain tires, but our Sequoia is a user and rarely sees the mall or Starbucks.

Updated: We run E-rated 275/70-18 Falken Wildpeaks (highly recommend) for the summer, and use p-rated 276/60-20 snow tires in the winter.

Last edited:
Hm yeah I'm not sure what to do at this point. I like the better siping in the P rated ones since I do have to handle snow when skiing, but I also realize that E would probably be fine, especially since mine has the rear air suspension.
Fwiw, these are extremely quiet so far after 5k miles. Like you hear nothing quiet. They are also one of the lightest E rated tire. They’ve handled well in all conditions I’ve thrown at them (dry pavement, high speed gravel, light mud, heavy rain… but no snow yet). If they continue to perform this well for another 40-45k miles, they’ll be my go to tire.

It all comes down to use and personal preference. P-rated tires tend to be quieter, have a more gentle ride, and get better MPG. Given the option, I tend to always default to E-Rated all-terrain tires, but our Sequoia is a user and rarely sees the mall or Starbucks.

Updated: We run E-rated 275/70-18 Falken Wildpeaks (highly recommend) for the summer, and use p-rated 276/60-20 snow tires in the winter.
I was thinking of the E rated Wildpeaks or the P rated Toyo AT3s. Luckily, I don't really need winter tires so just something that's more of a year round but capable in snow tire would be great. Appreciate the input.

New offroad bumper and TRD Pro grill.

View attachment 2847168
Whose bumper is that one?
Winch compatibility?
Let’s see dem lights in it!

Grill is great BTW, once I do a few other $$-pits, I’m doing the same to my ‘12 Tundra nose.

Whose bumper is that one?
Winch compatibility?
Let’s see dem lights in it!

Grill is great BTW, once I do a few other $$-pits, I’m doing the same to my ‘12 Tundra nose.
The bumper is DV8’s three piece Tundra bumper. The lights came with it. The winch is a Warrn Evo. I mounted it bottom forward, though later I trimmed off the original bumper cover bracket and after that it probably would’ve fit bottom down.
84C67E4E-CCA6-4222-B85E-444E04EFF4DB.jpeg

8DEEC1B7-4113-40D9-BF00-465F82748273.jpeg
A73EE85B-C5F5-40AC-92E1-2F2A500B131B.jpeg
56FECD1F-9419-44EE-AA76-332BC27F68B7.jpeg
Sold my 2006 last week with 210k miles. Was super clean and gave us 4 great years of trips / adventures — including a 16 day road trip from Austin > New Mexico > Utah > Grand Canyon > Sedona > Tucson and then back home. Loving my 200 series now, but missing all the damn cup holders this thing had!

Yes custom made for my Sequoia, I love them.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom