Tuffy Radio Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a Tuffy consol several months ago and am finally getting ready to install my ham radio. How the heck do I get the u-shaped bracket mounted to the inside of the radio compartment while still having the mounting bracket attached to the radio? It doesn't appear that the radio compartment is detachable to do this. It appears to be all welded in place. Any help will be appreciated...even pointing to a previosly posted thread. I searched but didn't find anything specific.

:)

I do not think that they had anything other than the conventional AM/FM/CD/Cassette/ single-DIN radio in mind when they made those Doug.

Thanks Steve!

I called Tuffy and they indicated that I'd have to uninstall the console and install the radio from the bottom of the enclosure. Anyone done this?

Anyone done this?

I have not done it, but I know what they are talking about....and you will too when you have it upside down infront of you. :)

Good luck!

-Steve

That the may I installed my alpine head unit.

kls

HUh?

I'd be interested in seeing photos of installations, including how the install was done, in the Tuffy consols. I have a detacheable radio display that can be remotely installed, like in the hole where the radio is designed to go. The radio itself could be located somewhere else where it would receive more cooling. I was thinking about making a plug that would go into the hole and then somehow attaching the radio display to it. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom