Tuesday 12/29/09 Wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
We plan on exploring west of Lake Pleasant. Meeting at the Chevron gas station east of I-17 on Carefree highway at 9AM.

attachment.php

dont you friggin people have jobs????

i had a great time sunday, no way can go tues, but have fun and keep posting the goodness!

I got a job with a mandatory break between Christmas and New Year's - but much less vacation during the year than anybody else :frown:

Fawkers, I wanted to go back there.:flipoff2:

oh my - so many whoopdidooos :eek:

the area -also known as Boulder OHV area- is apparently heavily used by ATVs and motorcycles - which leaves trails narrow and rutted, but also had some very steep climbs and very tight turns

as we got deeper into the mountains, the scenery improved dramatically and we didn't meet anybody

there is some sort of construction/clean-up going on around Castle Hot Springs, many land for sale signs, utilities are in, including fiberoptic cable

but very scenic until we got to the lake

Last edited:
there we decided to take a short trip into the Humbug Creek area again

only shortly after the turn-off to find a guy walking towards us - he reported a broken-down vehicle

F-150 that lost charge from the battery real fast and ran only a few miles on the replacement battery they had brought in

of course, instead of proceeding, we helped them out

...turns out Lexus-donated electrons last longer than Chevy-donated electrons...

here are a few pix, hard to keep a camera steady in all the whoop-di-doo's.

Did I mention there were lots of whoop-di-doo's?
DSC_6250.jpg
DSC_6266.jpg
DSC_6271.jpg

Agree the Boulders area is for ATV's and they can have it.:D The road along the wilderness area is very cool and a good stocker friendly run.
12-29-2009_1.jpg
12-29-2009_2.jpg
12-29-2009_3.jpg

Once we got closer to the mountains it got more interesting.

And how come all the turns on top of a climb are blind right-handers???

Still haven't been able to figure out what this one was... Exploder? H3?

I need a longer telephoto lens :hmm: :cool:
DSC_6254a.jpg

No you dont Michael!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom