Trying to find the shorter hose that connects to the Smog pump (Smog to ABV?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
Been trying to get my 86 FJ60 sorted out and have been searching for the shorter hose that comes from the smog pump. I believe its part no 17342-61030 and NLA. I just ordered a used Smog to air cleaner hose from cruiser parts and they say they have the smog to ABV hose, but it does not look the same as mine. I have attached an image of the hose I am looking for. Any ideas of where I can source this? Mine is cracked and looks terrible.

hose 1.jpg

hose2.jpg

As far as I know these hoses are no longer available new from toyota nor is there an aftermarket source for this molded tubing. The bends on this hose seem pretty gradual so you might try to find heater hose in that size. Measure the OD on the nipple then find tubing with an ID that is close. Another source might be a catalog like Mcmaster Carr but they may price by the foot but sell minimum lengths that might be too long.

you could also have a metal pipe cut to length and bent up match the rubber hose and then use some silicon sections to connect.

If you’ve got to pass smog tests to get your registration, then the air pump valve assembly needs to work correctly. But if you don’t need to pass smog tests - rip that sucker out of there.

Thanks for the advice, I have been leaning towards finding a length of hose that looks as close as possible to the original. Overall I am trying to keep everything as original as possible.

Gates does sell some emission control hoses (molded) and air vent hose (straight but bendable). Depending on the ID needed, something like this might work (cut to fit):

Or browse through their website for other ideas.

Hi, I put water hose on 10 years ago and it’s still good.

Given the bend on this one is manageable I think I will go with some fuel line as it looks pretty similar to the original unless someone has an opposing view.

Link

Given the bend on this one is manageable I think I will go with some fuel line as it looks pretty similar to the original unless someone has an opposing view.

Link
Fuel line is much too small. I'd go with @Michael Hanson 's suggestion and use coolant hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom