Troopy Rear Door interchangeably (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys! Nice thread, just what I was looking for.
How was the fit on those back doors?
Do you know if front doors are interchangeable from a 78 to a 75? I am sourcing a LH front door and both back doors and would like to know if year model is an issue.
Cheers

808DB4C8-9E28-4C5B-9986-1B3E034D58FA.jpeg
97F6FBF0-88D6-4903-A9AD-7673F2BEADA3.jpeg

They work. I tried looking for a photo of the small part you have to cut off for the 78 upper door check. but ill post it when i take a new photo. i also tried getting all 78 upper locking mechanisms to try and see if i could use those instead to avoid cutting pieces of the door off, but the 75 didnt have the captive bolt provisions to make it happen.

one “mistake” i made is not getting these small plastic pieces that press into the door and hold the screws for the black cover you can see in the first photo (right 75 door) that protects the upper door latch. so dont forget those.

View attachment 2821748View attachment 2821749
They work. I tried looking for a photo of the small part you have to cut off for the 78 upper door check. but ill post it when i take a new photo. i also tried getting all 78 upper locking mechanisms to try and see if i could use those instead to avoid cutting pieces of the door off, but the 75 didnt have the captive bolt provisions to make it happen.

one “mistake” i made is not getting these small plastic pieces that press into the door and hold the screws for the black cover you can see in the first photo (right 75 door) that protects the upper door latch. so dont forget those.
That looks great! Good advice on those plastic "things".
So every accessory from the 75 door will fit right away on the 78 door right? I believe the same applies to the LH small door.
Thanks for the photos!

everything besides the upper door check from 75 to 78 is very similar if not identical. One thing i do miss about the 75 door that the 78 doesn’t have is that the 78 door doesn’t have an interior plastic handle like the LH door does. do yourself a solid and spend the extra $300-500 buying everything (glass, seals, hinges, latches, seals). its worth it. you’ll find that your original hardware has “worn” even if it doesn’t seem to have.

everything besides the upper door check from 75 to 78 is very similar if not identical. One thing i do miss about the 75 door that the 78 doesn’t have is that the 78 door doesn’t have an interior plastic handle like the LH door does. do yourself a solid and spend the extra $300-500 buying everything (glass, seals, hinges, latches, seals). its worth it. you’ll find that your original hardware has “worn” even if it doesn’t seem to have.
I have all weatherstrips, glass is OEM. My I should get latches and stuff as you recommend.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom